Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker's Benefit backpaid?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I have read here that if you resign from your job you have to wait 9 weeks before you can claim Jobseeker's Benefit.

After the 9 week period, if you have not gotten a job, will the Jobseeker's Benefit be backpaid for those 9 weeks?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

No. Its a disqualification period - you are disqualified from claiming for up to 9 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

If they do disqualify you for nine weeks send in an appeal and it could get reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Nolanger wrote: »
    send in an appeal and it could get reduced.
    Definitely do this. I had to do it last year and I got it all paid back. Is definitely worth the effort. Doesn't happen overnight though, mine was a couple of months coming. Make sure you give a valid reason, after all you did resign voluntarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Definitely do this. I had to do it last year and I got it all paid back. Is definitely worth the effort. Doesn't happen overnight though, mine was a couple of months coming. Make sure you give a valid reason, after all you did resign voluntarily.

If you have a valid reason (such as I was touched up by the boss at the Xmas party ;)) will your former employer have to be informed about it?

Advertisement