Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Neutral reverse?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Originally posted by Carrick
    I heard the term boom sparks being used last week very apt(not in a good context).

It was a decent trade at one time, probably before my time from late 80`s, but it was a mugs game more recently, and thats not just me saying that, i regularly heard others say it, and agree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i'm at it full time - reci , van , tax+vat and busy

it's a mugs game alright-and most of the guys doin' it are clowns:)

not much more to be said

callouts are nice though-handy money if you get enough of them:)

seems to be a lot of clueless guys in ECSSA -may be just my ill-informed opinion

i've met some of them anyhow

Well as 2011 rightly said recently, it is a very wide field electrical covers, and i think an apprentice on a large site could spend most of apprenticeship putting up conduit and lights, and little else. And as a sparks as well. So even though your qualified, you could have done little in the actual electrical part of it. A carpenter will nealry always be working with wood for example, but a sparks could spend years never wiring anything while working on a big site.

ya robbie i spent ten years on industral callout looking at schematics/troubleshooting everyday:)

2 years full-time electronics student-spent the whole time in the pub:D

2 years working in computers in USA

rest of the time doin dom/com/ind sparking

and i still dunno what i'm doin half the time:D

Me either, but its the other half the time we get by on:)

Advertisement