Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DELL warranty

• 04-07-2007 8:39pm

I got a 1300 on eBay last December. Over the time I've been using it I've noticed peculiar problems with the monitor and dvd drive. Sometimes when I start up the laptop the monitor remains pitch black but the hd indicator and power lights come on. Also when using it the monitor would go a bright colour and stay that way although this hasn't happened for months but was happening frequently.

As regards the dvd drive I've never been able to play a dvd with the DELL Media Experience DVD software although VLC does work.

I've never bought from DELL before but believe I may have a years warrantly. Would it be worthwhile to have it checked out under the warranty? I do not have any idea how to go about this or who to contact however...any previous DELL owners out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you bought it through the dell store on ebay then yes you will have a year's warranty from Dell. If you bought it from a private owner then you would have to check if they offered you a warranty with it and how long it ran/runs for and get on to them if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Look on ther base of your laptop for the Service Tag - it'll be on a white sticker with a barcode on it. With the sevice tag written down, go to http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=gen.
    Click Support and Help/All Support Options. Then on the left, click Warranty Information/Warranty Status. Stick in your sevice tag and hit continue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If VLC works then that's a software problem

yeah best to double check that you have warranty before you call them about the screen

Advertisement