Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar: service/setup - Cork

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All, :) I've looked on the forum but all the threads I've come across are really old (years) and outdated. Or they are in different counties etc. Basically, i'm trying to find a really good guitar tech in cork city or there abouts. someone that is known for top notch reliable work etc. I've seen some threads where a name was mentioned and then later there were comments of poor work etc. Dont want any of that! :D The sort of work i would be looking to have done is, refretting, intonation and other basic setups. MAybe installing a new floyd rose trem. I use to do my own setups, including installing pickups etc but i just don't have the time these days and honestly, i'd rather just pay a pro to do it when it comes to re-fretting as i have never done that! The particular guitar needing fret work is about 10years old and still on original frets! Does anyone know of any such guitar techs that are great at their work? I'm in Cork city center. Thanks and regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeanM

What happened to all my lovely paragraphing? :D hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

ohalloranguitars

Not exactly city center but he did a fantastic job setting up one of my guitars

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeanM

I thought i replied to this already, sorry!

I saw in another thread from 2009 that a few people mentioned that place but was wary because one person said that they were down a guitar after that place! So thought it a bit risky!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Elbow wrote: »
    ohalloranguitars

Not exactly city center but he did a fantastic job setting up one of my guitars

I've used Jim O'Halloran a lot and I think he's very good. I'd have no issue recommending him. Has set up acoustics and electrics for me and also installed a fishman on my McIlroy A30 and did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I give my axes to Richie St John for setups, repairs,etc. He's brilliant - really knows his stuff, everything done to a very high standard.

I've given him high end Martins including a D41 and a John Mayer signature. He's also done work on my Strat.

He's based around St.Lukes - PM me if you want his contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NightshadeCX5

jamieh wrote: »
    I give my axes to Richie St John for setups, repairs,etc. He's brilliant - really knows his stuff, everything done to a very high standard.

I've given him high end Martins including a D41 and a John Mayer signature. He's also done work on my Strat.

He's based around St.Lukes - PM me if you want his contact details.

Hi Jamieh, Im 10 mins away from St.Lukes, would you still have his number/is he still there? I have a Jem 7v that needs some minor stuff done on the action/trem/etc. Cheers dude!

Advertisement