Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working: Root/S-Off HTC Wildfire (Froyo 2.2.1 after locked bootloader)

Options
  • 21-06-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

I thought this may be of interest to people, as I see (and know) it was mentioned a lot on the forum. I once was a desperate poster.

As you may or may not be aware, HTC locked the bootloader of the HTC Wildfire after the update to Froyo 2.2.1, rendering us unable to root the device. Now, AlphaRev, an android rooting/mod team (for the want of a better word) have created a fix that works on these locked handsets. I was in the same position two days ago: now I've overclocked it (to the best of its ability), changed the ROM twice and made it fully A2SD+ (all software on the SD, with only 11MB of space gone from internal memory). It's simply flying.

I can confirm it's working very well. Maybe it can help some people: especially those desperately looking for XTC Clips.

http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

Tl;dr -

Need to root/unlock/S-Off your locked HTC Wildfire?
    I've got mine working, and it's perfect!

http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

:)

(Not affiliated, just forever in debt to this team's work!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Is this compatible with the Wildfire S by any chance????

Or is the default Android 2.3.3 better??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Eh, it's all locked HTC's as far as I know. If you're stuck, it should work.

I'm currently on Android 2.3.4 via Ruymanca MOD, and may go back to Cyanogen later tonight.

Advertisement