Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 extra days paid on dole.

Options
  • 14-12-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I picked up the dole today and it was quite a bit more than expected. I pointed this out to the guy in the post office and he said don't worry next week will be a single payment. Basically on the little receipt it has "Extra days paid: 12". What is this for? Also this isn't my first payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

jesus dont complain take it while its been given and say nothin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You won't receive a payment over Christmas (not sure which one) this is in lieu of that, so don't go spending it. Its not a bonus.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

D wrote: »
    Basically on the little receipt it has "Extra days paid: 12". What is this for?

You get paid early for xmas week, see here for details
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/ChristmasArrangements2010.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

D wrote: »
    I picked up the dole today and it was quite a bit more than expected. I pointed this out to the guy in the post office and he said don't worry next week will be a single payment. Basically on the little receipt it has "Extra days paid: 12". What is this for? Also this isn't my first payment.

The guy in the dole office is only there to pay you the money, not give you advice on your social welfare entitlements. Take anything he tells you with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'll get a single payment next week then nothing on the 28th till january 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You'll get a single payment next week then nothing on the 28th till january 4th.

No there's no payment next week and then payment as usual from the following week.

All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week.

Payments due for collection on Monday 27 December 2010 may be collected from Tuesday 21 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Tuesday 28 December 2010may be collected from Wednesday 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Wednesday 29 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 23 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance Payments which can be collected from Wednesday, 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection Thursday 30 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due for Friday 31 December 2010 and Monday 3 January 2011 may be collected from Friday 31 December 2010.

Normal payment dates will resume from Tuesday 4 January 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

cAr0l wrote: »
    No there's no payment next week and then payment as usual from the following week.

All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning Monday 13 December, 2010. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning Monday 20 December 2010 and therefore there will be no regular weekly payment(s) that week.

Payments due for collection on Monday 27 December 2010 may be collected from Tuesday 21 December 2010.

Payments due for collection on Tuesday 28 December 2010may be collected from Wednesday 22 December 2010.
    Payments due for collection on Wednesday 29 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 23 December 2010 with the exception of Back to Work and Disability Allowance Payments which can be collected from Wednesday, 22 December 2010.

Payments due for collection Thursday 30 December 2010 may be collected from Thursday 30 December 2010.

Payments due for Friday 31 December 2010 and Monday 3 January 2011 may be collected from Friday 31 December 2010.

Are those dates not next week?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Corholio wrote: »
    Are those dates not next week?? :confused:

I know, it says there will be no payments on the week starting the 20th but then goes on to say payments for the week starting the 27th can be collected a day later than usual on the week starting the 20th.

I'm going to assume someone from the department made a mistake on their website. If it's not a mistake, it's the stupidest, most confusing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

in the post office today they were telling everyone that if you collect on a tuesday normally then you get your payment next wednesday but no payment week after!

so basically this weeks and next weeks today(tuesday) and then next wednesday you collect for the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I collect on Tuesdays and there was an official notice up saying I'm getting paid for this week and next week this week, but I can collect the payment for the week after Christmas week from Wednesday the 22nd as the post office is closed on some days the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cAr0l wrote: »

Isn't that what I basically said :confused: I was told to collect a payment again next wednesday and nothing the following wk till jan 4th,confusing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

They have definitely made this complicated. Sorry for sounding stupid here but I just want to clarify I have got this correct.

I always collect my social welfare on a Tuesday from the Post Office.

Yesterday Tuesday 14th December I was given double dole payment.

So I now collect my next payment next Wednesday the 22nd December and not Tuesday.

And I then don't collect a payment until Tuesday the 4th January.

Is this correct?

Is it just me or would it have made more sense just to stick with the day you get your dole and just give the double payment next week to compensate for been closed the following week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

They have definitely made this complicated. Sorry for sounding stupid here but I just want to clarify I have got this correct.

So I now collect my next payment next Wednesday the 22nd December and not Tuesday.

Is this correct?

Is it just me or would it have made more sense just to stick with the day you get your dole and just give the double payment next week to compensate for been closed the following week?

Yes that is correct. I clarified it in my Post Office this morning. You get paid this week for this week and next week. Next week you get paid for the week starting the 27th (albeit a day later).

I think expecting a sensible system of payment to be in place is asking a bit much.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Is this correct?

You are correct in your understanding of payment dates and yes, it's certainly strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

What about the casual or chequees? I just got one week's payment yesterday so I assume I'll get a double next week and then none the week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

I am on the Back to Education Scheme and got paid a double week last Thursday into my bank account. I have been told and presumed that another weeks payment should have gone into my account today. But when i checked this morning it has not. I have asked a few mates and they have said that there payment came in a day or 2 later. Does that mean that mine wont come into my account until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

germulhall wrote: »
    I am on the Back to Education Scheme and got paid a double week last Thursday into my bank account. I have been told and presumed that another weeks payment should have gone into my account today. But when i checked this morning it has not. I have asked a few mates and they have said that there payment came in a day or 2 later. Does that mean that mine wont come into my account until tomorrow.

Yeah the day you are paid this week depends on what day you are normally paid on. I usually get paid on a Tuesday and I got paid this week on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Yeah the day you are paid this week depends on what day you are normally paid on. I usually get paid on a Tuesday and I got paid this week on the Wednesday.

I just rang the dole office. Looks like i'm not getting paid as they said the messed up the post office payments and corrected it for the bank or back to Education payments. I dont get paid now until 30th December. They also messed up the payments last year.What a country we live in. Makes me proud to be Irish. Happy Christmas everyone!!:mad:

Advertisement