Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire accessories.

• 26-04-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across a decent desktop cradle/charger?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

just waiting on this (car) one to arrive myself, looks the same, slightly cheaper too
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/HTC-DESIRE-DEDICATED-SUCTION-CAR-HOLDER-CHARGER-KIT-/350344927919?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries&hash=item51922f5aaf

still looking out for a decent speaker dock though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

just waiting on this (car) one to arrive myself, looks the same, slightly cheaper too
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/HTC-DESIRE-DEDICATED-SUCTION-CAR-HOLDER-CHARGER-KIT-/350344927919?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries&hash=item51922f5aaf

still looking out for a decent speaker dock though

Even uses the same pics. :D

Thanks, just ordered one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm thinking that the must-have accessory is a spare battery and a charger.
    I find the charging is astonishingly slow compared to other phones - I left mine on mains charge for an hour there and it only went up 33%.

can confirm that the cradle is perfect, handy little hinged clip which makes it very easy to slip phone in and out of cradle and loads of ways to mount it with 3 adjustable joints on the arm. way better than my sat nav cradle.
    only problem i forsee is when i get my silicone case, it will have to be removed to fit into the cradle as its a fairly tight fit to the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

"This is a top quality product and is not to be confused with the usual ebay rubbish."

Haha Brilliant! I suppose it's true though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Has anyone bought a micro usb cable ?where would be a good place to pick up a spare for work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I find the charging is astonishingly slow compared to other phones - I left mine on mains charge for an hour there and it only went up 33%.
    That means that something is preventing your phone from sleeping. I can get a full charge in less than 1 1/2 hours from almost empty. Make sure to get a task killer (Don't overuse it though) and ensure that no apps (Particularly Calendar and Flickr) are running while you charge as they prevent the phone from sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

I noticed a longer charging timeusing a different cable. Sticking it on the one that came with it charges must faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

artielange wrote: »
    I noticed a longer charging timeusing a different cable. Sticking it on the one that came with it charges must faster.

I find powered hubs, dedicated ~240VAC/5VDC converters (mains to USB yokes) and car chargers the best for this. The Desire will use a lot more current than a computer will supply. The one that comes with it is the best for charging.

It is slower to charge though than other phones. The way the LED only turns green at what looks like 98% (?) rather than 90% as with the G1 is confusing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yep noticed this too - with the supplied cable off of a pc OR the usb plug charging is significantly faster than with 2 cheap micro usb cables I bought off ebay. Have since purchased 2 nokia ones from amazon hoping they will be of better quality!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Looking to pick up a charger for the car. Anyone tell me if this one would be any good:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CAR-POWER-CHARGER-HTC-DESIRE-LEGEND-HD-MINI-HD-2-/180510790019?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item2a07481183#ht_3494wt_1138

I think I read in other threads about some car chargers not being very good at actually charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Looking to pick up a charger for the car. Anyone tell me if this one would be any good:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CAR-POWER-CHARGER-HTC-DESIRE-LEGEND-HD-MINI-HD-2-/180510790019?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item2a07481183#ht_3494wt_1138

I think I read in other threads about some car chargers not being very good at actually charging.

I can't tell from that page as eBay auto formats for mobile.
    Check the full listing to see what the power output is.

Mine is 500 mha and it charges the phone when using maps and GPS, albeit slowly. Main thing is though its not being drained while plugged in.
    Would get 500 mha as a min, preferablyhigher if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Keith186 wrote: »
    I can't tell from that page as eBay auto formats for mobile.
    Check the full listing to see what the power output is.

Mine is 500 mha and it charges the phone when using maps and GPS, albeit slowly. Main thing is though its not being drained while plugged in.
    Would get 500 mha as a min, preferablyhigher if possible.

It doesn't say on the ebay page. It doesn't seem to say on any of the ones on ebay.

Anyone recommend a good relatively cheap one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I bought the Nokia dc 6 official charger for N97 and it works grand. Bought from Frances4778 seller on eBay for £6.99. 500 mha. Someone mentioned they got 1000 mha on here somewhere see if ya can find one of them maybe.

Wanna be careful it doesn't heat the battery too much as high temperatures reduce the life of lithium ionbatteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

can confirm that the cradle is perfect, handy little hinged clip which makes it very easy to slip phone in and out of cradle and loads of ways to mount it with 3 adjustable joints on the arm. way better than my sat nav cradle.
    only problem i forsee is when i get my silicone case, it will have to be removed to fit into the cradle as its a fairly tight fit to the phone.

Can anyone recommend a good car cradle for the Desire that the phone will fit into while still in its silicone case? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Could you please tell me exactly how much space is there for the phone to fit? I have a full body invisibleshield over my Desire and am wondering if this cradle can take it. This is the only thing keeping me from ordering one! Cheers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

yabadabado wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a micro usb cable ?where would be a good place to pick up a spare for work?

I picked up a couple of these. Very handy to stick in the pocket or desk drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Bought this Car cradle, quite good although if you connect the 2.5mm output to your car there is a little noise. Works perfectly all the same using the inbuilt speaker

http://www.4u-mobi.com/onlineshop/online_shop_detail.php?pid=5591

003463230593.jpg

BeciMester wrote: »
    Could you please tell me exactly how much space is there for the phone to fit? I have a full body invisibleshield over my Desire and am wondering if this cradle can take it. This is the only thing keeping me from ordering one! Cheers :pac:

Id say the invisible shield would be ok. Silicone covers need to be removed though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

i bought this, wall charger + usb cable + cradle +spare battery, €23 delievered, battery fits behind phone carrier, different then picture, battery fit horizontial not vertical, good quality, 3 led on cradle , power ,charging desire, spare battery status, prompt delievery

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360280852404

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm looking for a dual desktop charger for the Desire now but the last time I bought one (for a different handset) it was very plasticky and not very stable. Ye've had them for a while now, would ye recommend the ones ye bought?

Thanks,
    adam

Advertisement