Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Motorrad Day @ Mondello Tuesday 22nd April

• 14-04-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Text taken from BMW Motorrad

BMW Motorrad Day - Mondello Park - Tuesday April 22nd 2008
    Let the Ride Decide.

BMW Motorrad Ireland are delighted to invite you to join us in riding the range of 2008 BMW motorcycles at Mondello Park.

Whether you enjoy the freedom of the open road, the thrill of the track or the adventure off road riding offers, at this one day event you can experience all of these styles on the range of bikes from BMW Motorrad. In addition, if you are not yet a motorcyclist but are keen to try, we even have a mini Motorrad Academy to provide you a taster of what it may be like to learn to ride with the only BMW Approved rider training school The Motorcycle Safety Associates.

Some more details on Irish Biker Forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

i think its great the way bmw organise things like this for the biker community (as well as helping their sales). Everybody benefits. Its a pity that yamaha, honda , suzuki , ktm and the rest do not do anything similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd love to go. Shame it's on a Tuesday, but great publicity for BMW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Will have to try and blag the day off work somehow. Riding new motorbikes around mondello all day for free is just too good to turn down

Right, managed to get the day off! What do you reckon my licence implications will be? I'm through to my 2nd year after passing my test, but can still only drive bikes lower than 33hp - do you reckon they'll be strict about this? Is there any point in me going at all with this licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

SuprSi wrote: »
    Right, managed to get the day off! What do you reckon my licence implications will be? I'm through to my 2nd year after passing my test, but can still only drive bikes lower than 33hp - do you reckon they'll be strict about this? Is there any point in me going at all with this licence?

In a word, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

From BMW website
    Riders with a provisional licence or who are subject to the 25kw/33bhp restriction will have the opportunity to ride the F650GS off road, the G650X Country on the roads surrounding Mondello or the F800S on the track - we hope to cater for all motorcyclists of all levels of experience.

The 33BHP 2 year restriction affects road use. I guess BMW are using it as some indication of rider experience and also to cover themselves for insurance purposes.

• Advertisement

Sweet!! Thanks for that - I'll get to drive an 800cc, nice :D And some off road. Definitely looking forward to it now.

Advertisement