Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyfriend having wet dreams, but not about me

• 16-09-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

During a recent discussion, my boyfriend of 2 years told me has had wet dreams, and in them he dreams he is having sex with someone else but that it's no one in particular, just a faceless girl.

Am I wrong for being hurt about this? I know he can't control his dreams but I feel as though he is unsatisfied with me or maybe wants to be with other girls. Surely if he was satisfied with me I would be the one he is dreaming about? Am I overreacting here??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I do think you are overreacting. He can't control what he dreams about and the fact that he doesn't always dream about you doesn't mean that he's unsatisfied with either you or your love life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Unsure11 wrote: »
    During a recent discussion, my boyfriend of 2 years told me has had wet dreams, and in them he dreams he is having sex with someone else but that it's no one in particular, just a faceless girl.

Am I wrong for being hurt about this? I know he can't control his dreams but I feel as though he is unsatisfied with me or maybe wants to be with other girls. Surely if he was satisfied with me I would be the one he is dreaming about? Am I overreacting here??

Honestly OP, I would say that you are overreacting. It was a dream. We cannot control the content of our dreams. It means nothing.

My OH has had dreams about Scarlett Johannson. In reality, if she threw herself at him, he wouldn't run away with her because the dream and reality are not the same. You just have a faceless girl. Literally nobody. No feelings or personality. Almost a robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cuddlemonsta

You are totally overreacting. I'm a girl and I have had many dreams about having sex with strangers. I woke up and couldn't remember who in particular and I am 100% satisfied with my boyfriend. Instead of worrying about his satisfaction with you, just make love to him after hearing about his wet dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

You're overrreacting. In any other instance would you hold somebody responsible for what they did in a dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Unsure11 wrote: »
    Am I overreacting here??

Yes. I'm guessing you are extremely insecure.

You need to fix this as it's just going to cause you pointless misery for the rest of your life.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Completely overreacting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Some argue it's not the actual particulars (i.e. person, place etc) that indicate whats happening in the unconscious in dreams but the feelings that are brought up. So if in fact he's dreaming that he's sexually satisfied and that's the overwhelming sensation, it could be that he's very satisfied with his life/sex life. Take it as a compliment not an insult.

PS you literally cannot control what you dream so to be hurt by it is really unfair to your boyfriend. Maybe tell him not to tell you next time it happens as a compromise on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭catonthewire

We all have sexual dreams, mine are weird to say the least at times.lol...

I can understand how you may be slightly miffed about his telling you, but honestly he must feel extremely comfortable in your relationship , too feel he could share with you....

Just forget about it, enjoy your relationship and if it bothers you so much, ask Him not to tell you again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

You need to 'sort' him out, so as he can't be having dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theunclebob

i am not convinced that being told you are over-reacting, or that you should forget about it is the complete answer you are looking for.

your reaction is a reflection of some insecurity. is it, you need to address, an insecurity you have about yourself, or with your relationship?

as a stranger on a computer i am not going to pretend to know you or which is likely. i can, however, certainly hope you find the answer to which one of those it could be and be at peace with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

You are totally overreacting. I'm a girl and I have had many dreams about having sex with strangers. I woke up and couldn't remember who in particular and I am 100% satisfied with my boyfriend. Instead of worrying about his satisfaction with you, just make love to him after hearing about his wet dreams.
    I agree that having sex in dreams is a non-issue, but can you explain the last bit?

Advertisement