Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex boyfriend...

• 15-09-2014 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I broke up with my boyfriend of 8 years two years ago and I realised this weekend that I'm still not over him. I emailed him to say I'd been thinking of him and he said he thinks of me everyday, help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thread moved - You might get better advice here Jo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Meet for a coffee and chat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

When you break up after any period, but particularly a period like 8 years it would be rare that you are "over them in two weeks".

It might be useful to meet for a coffee and a chat but think about what you want to get out of this chat.

What was the reason you broke up? Does still stand, no matter how much you are "not over him".

Edit.
    Oops it is two years, not two weeks. My advice still stands but consider the reason you broke up - have things changed now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

Are you single? Is he single? If so, and you've both been thinking of each other, I say meet up and have a face to face chat. The reasons you broke up initially might not stand any longer. or alternatively you might realise that in the last two years you've both changed and are no longer the people you both knew. You wont know any of that until you meet up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Two years ago, not two weeks.

Meet up with him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Jo_336 wrote: »
    I broke up with my boyfriend of 8 years two years ago and I realised this weekend that I'm still not over him. I emailed him to say I'd been thinking of him and he said he thinks of me everyday, help?

Go for it Jo. I broke up with my ex of 5 years over 5 years ago and I'm still not over him completely. I still haven't met anyone like him or have let myself. I know he has a girlfriend now so obviously he's off limits but if he was single, I'd love to tell him how I feel. Go for it and don't have any regrets. If you meet up and nothing happens, at least you know. I still think of the what ifs at the back of mind.

Advertisement