Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity Workers At The Checkout???

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

A V A wrote: »
    I never said scouts are more deserving of fundraising for a case over a soccer team lol :confused::rolleyes:

My point is it's irrelevant to me what the "charity" is, it's irrelevant to me the age/gender of the bag packer, it's irrelevant to me the attitude (bad or fake polite) of the bag packer ............. I don't like them there in my path so to speak .......... I want to walk in to a shop, select my items, pay for them and just leave

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

but i put a €5 euro note in anyway , because to me being in the scouts and been given donations helped me do things as a kid and kept me off the streets etc so i saw them benefiting in the same way that i did. The continued to talk and curse, ignored me putting the money in the bucket and didn't even say thank you after seeing me put the money in. On my way out, I said to what seemed to be the team coach, that when someone donates money for a cause , a thank you would be nice and would go a long way. I got told to fcuk off . . . i sniggered at the coach, put my bags down against the wall, went back to till i came from and took my fiver back out of the bucket, went back to my bags where the coach

A more effective approach would have been to call the manager of the supermarket and report the incident to him See how long the goodwill lasts. A follow up e-mail to the supermarkets head office would make sure they adequately screened who they were allowing fundraise in their shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BnB

I especially despise football teams, the most ignorant,rude and disrespectful people of all i think....

Jaysus... That's some fair quality tarring with the one brush there....

Is it just Soccer or does that include Gaelic Football as well. How about Rugby... ball is shaped slightly differently so maybe that impacts it slightly...????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Is begging legal in Ireland? Begging in the street by homeless people? Or what about busking? Is it legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Is begging legal in Ireland? Begging in the street by homeless people? Or what about busking? Is it legal?

Begging is not legal. They did try to outlaw begging but that has been struck down by the courts.

Nothing illegal about busking per se. If they were causing an obstruction they could be asked to move on.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Looked up and it was my ex fiancee doing the packing. Awkward!!!!
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I'm female

Fiancee is female, fiance is male, explains the confusion :)

I hate bag packers, havent encountered any in ages thankfully

Advertisement