Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 eFibre Modem in Bridging Mode

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why are you bridging?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭KpsCowley

ED E wrote: »
    Why are you bridging?
    Hi ED E, thank you for your reply,

I need to extend my current WiFi. My LTE modem/router provides wifi but it stuck to one end of my bungalow house (due to external antenna and cable losses), the wifi does not reach the other side of my house. I had an old Eircom F1000 (this threads topic), so wanted to use that (bridged) at the other end of the house to extend the wifi. Any I approaching this in the wrong way?

You want a wireless access point, no bridging involved at all.

- If you can provide homeplugs or ethernet cabling in between this will work
    - If you want to just repeat the signal, not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭KpsCowley

Thank you for your help ED E. Yes I can connect by Ethernet cable. I thought I could use the F1000 as an access point by putting it into bridge mode? Will I need to buy a separate access point?

No, bridge mode is not related.

DHCP off
    IP in range of the TP
    Default gateway is the TP
    Connected with LAN not WAN port

• Advertisement
Advertisement