Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carnsore Broadband

• 03-05-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi anyone in Wexford getting poor speeds with Carnsore Broadband? I have been using their excellent service for a couple of years now and always receiving their advertised speeds 15 mbps down and 2.5 mbps up but for the last number of weeks its gone to hell as low as 0.3 mbps up and down. Their speeds are fluctuating up and down most days and also no service at times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wexchippy

Exact same here!! Starting to get annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I have heard that they became to popular because of their good service and now to many people using it so unable to deliver the service. A pity as now I cant depend on it and regulary have to rely on another service supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

WexIan wrote: »
    I have heard that they became to popular because of their good service and now to many people using it so unable to deliver the service. A pity as now I cant depend on it and regulary have to rely on another service supplier.
    This the downside to wisp this why I hope Eircom win NBP because they give most FTTH and Rest fibre to a mast which would sever 15 homes per mast or something like that.

Yes I read about Eircoms plan on their website but the rural exchange Killinick is still in planning stage so I am not holding my breath and expecting it soon.
    Vodafone and ESB are rolling out a fibre system as well so hopefully rural Wexford will be lucky as the Rocket and Carnsore Broadbands of this world are unable to give a consistant service at present due to to many customers trying to access it at any one time, a pity they didnt cap their numbers before contention became to high as both were delivering a reasonable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭emy50

Carnsore is rubbish these days. But unfortunately there is no sign of an alternative to most in rural Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

It's unusable at times. I'm on to them nearly every other week and it's the most frustrating experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭improv_12

The service is terrible in the evenings and at weekends, struggling to get 2Mps.

5111301548.png

:(

Any time of the day now it can be practically unusable a pity as up to a year ago it was good.
    Anyone in rural areas any feed back on Rocket / Skytell Broadband.

Advertisement