Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

gosplan wrote: »

Peanuts, Devilishly handsome and I even bought the right overcoat this winter.

Must have own water bottle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wouldn't be impossible tbh. Funny thing is Wenger would probably do a better job at Madrid than Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If wenger decides he has enough and heads to Madrid in the summer I think we're screwed for a few years until the board comes up with serious money

If wenger leaves you can be sure van Persie Walcott and song won't sign new contracts in the summer either

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

If wenger decides he has enough and heads to Madrid in the summer I think we're screwed for a few years until the board comes up with serious money

If wenger leaves you can be sure van Persie Walcott and song won't sign new contracts in the summer either
    I think thats just doom mongering tbh.

Our best players have been leaving with Wenger at the club, and Van Persie will leave regardless of whether Wenger is here or not. In fact its more likely he would leave if Wenger stays because he knows nothing else will change.

As for Walcott or Song, I couldnt give two ****s if they leave. In fact I hope Walcott leaves because he is absolute ****e and not worth the money he is demanding. Who would even want him.

Song is okay but again cant see any big club wanting him. Coquelin and Frimpong can easily replace him in a year or two anyway.

DB10 wrote: »

I think thats just doom mongering tbh.

Our best players have been leaving with Wenger at the club, and Van Persie will leave regardless of whether Wenger is here or not. In fact its more likely he would leave if Wenger stays because he knows nothing else will change.

As for Walcott or Song, I couldnt give two ****s if they leave. In fact I hope Walcott leaves because he is absolute ****e and not worth the money he is demanding. Who would even want him.

Song is okay but again cant see any big club wanting him. Coquelin and Frimpong can easily replace him in a year or two anyway.

And what will we do for the two years were waiting for them to be ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ok, outspent is probably wrong in the inter case but they had a pretty good squad in terms of their rivals to begin with. Plus they convinced Barca to pay 60 million for Ibra.

That got me thinkin.
    Imagine how much he woudl have gotten for Fabregas, if he could swing that much for the Swedish ego. :(
    He did outspend at Chelsea though and spent a fair bit at Madrid too.

You would probably be shot if you didn't spend at Madrid. :D
    And again at those clubs who is really in charge of the buying process.
    For instance who was the one that went out and got the lieks of Shevchenko and Torres at Chelsea ?

As they say over in After Hours pics or GTFO. ;)

Jeeze Wenger would be in for one culture shock at Real.
    He would not get away with no trophies for 6 months never mind 6 years.

If he leaves could we also be assured Squillaci, Arshavin, Almunia, Denilson, Bendtner, Chamakh also go ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Do the same as Wenger does, sit on your hands.
    Well that was what he did during the years we needed a proper keeper. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just gonna say it now, if Mourinho ever took over Arsenal I wouldn't watch football again until he was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ok, outspent is probably wrong in the inter case but they had a pretty good squad in terms of their rivals to begin with. Plus they convinced Barca to pay 60 million for Ibra.

He did outspend at Chelsea though and spent a fair bit at Madrid too.

However, it would be wholly ignorant to say that that's all there is to Mourhino, it's not.

I dont know exactly about Inter, but the Chelsea team he took over had ALREADY had a good few squillion spent on it by Ranieri (120 million to be exact!) and Ranieri had already bought in players who would be more key under Mourinho (Ranieri promoted JT from the reserves, spent an unheard of 11 million on Lamps, he bought Gallas.

So Mourinho with a few key purchases from Porto, "just" moulded that squad into a title winning and CL challenging team.
    (even though Ranieri got them to 2nd in the league and the semi finals of the CL

Very underrated manager IMO.

Mourinho, i believe did much the same at Inter, put his arm around a few of the long time squad and made them believe in themselves and that they could win things

Ditto Real Madrid - not a bad squad to inherit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,196 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Probably the same thing we did when we had a useless keeper and useless defenders over the last number of years and the manager/board refused to fix that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

on off the ball the other night, ken earlie highlighted how walcott was spotted having a go at ox during the game. this also reminded me how he did something similar v utd in august. this is another reason why i cant stand this player. as an "established" player he should be encouraging and helping these lads rather than chastising them. the bottom line is he does nothing for the team. or nothing meaningful at least. he cant cross, isn't much of a dribbler, and makes constantly poor decisions on the pitch . one player i would not be sorry to see leave the club

on off the ball the other night, ken earlie highlighted how walcott was spotted having a go at ox during the game. this also reminded me how he did something similar v utd in august. this is another reason why i cant stand this player. as an "established" player he should be encouraging and helping these lads rather than chastising them. the bottom line is he does nothing for the team. or nothing meaningful at least. he cant cross, isn't much of a dribbler, and makes constantly poor decisions on the pitch . one player i would not be sorry to see leave the club

If that is true then he is even more of a useless obnoxious hypocritical little prat than I thought. Can't stand the little coward. Would have more time for Arshavin and Chamack than him. Is he Wenger's love child I often wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

amacachi wrote: »
    Just gonna say it now, if Mourinho ever took over Arsenal I wouldn't watch football again until he was gone.
    Fine. Don't watch the trophy presentations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anywhere Mourinho has gone he's been given pretty much a blank cheque on arrival. There's no doubt he's a great manager but having a bottomless pot of cash has no doubt helped. It would be the complete opposite if he came to Arsenal. With no money to spend, I highly doubt he'd do as good a job as Wenger.

It would be far better to watch than ****ting our pants everytime the team has only a 1 goal lead, or pretty much knowing they're not gonna win if they're drawing with 10 minutes to go. Our style of play isn't even attractive anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Actually Pellegrini is someone I think would probably be a good manager for us. What's he up to these days?

[edit] I see he's at Malaga. Anyway he'd be an option if it came to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If wenger leaves you can be sure Walcott won't sign a new contract in the summer either

Theo wouldnt be missed, he is awful. brings nothing to the team with his limp displays

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I get what you're saying, he'd ruin the style of play the club is known for. having said that, I'd still watch, probably be bored sometimes, but be no less stoked if we won the league than I would if we did it under AW.

Must say, it is depressing that we're in the middle of transfer window and all that chat is about a replacing AW. not saying I don't agree to an extent but is a big difference to the last window :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, he'd ruin the style of play the club is known for. having said that, I'd still watch, probably be bored sometimes, but be no less stoked if we won the league than I would if we did it under AW.

Must say, it is depressing that we're in the middle of transfer window and all that chat is about a replacing AW. not saying I don't agree to an extent but is a big difference to the last window :(

We could win every game 20 nil, I don't want him near the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The most annoying thing about Walcott is his indecision and this actually makes him more annoying than he really is. He never commits to a course of action early enough, he dwells and dwells, using his pace to give him some extra time to think about it, and then a amazingly, does nothing quite often - basically runs till he runs out of pitch or into someone.

Gervinho makes mistakes and tones of bad choices but you forgive him for it because he makes them instantly and always goes for it. It doesn't always work but he's pushing it.

Funny coment about Walcott on arseblog today
    arseblog wrote:
    Remember Theo. Scared the life out of everyone with his pace until after a while left backs realised that if you just push him out wide he’ll generally run the ball out for a throw before turning around and blaming someone else or giving those Action Man eyes to the linesman

Anyway, I've alwasy said that Walcott should only be used as a sub when we're already winning the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    but be no less stoked if we won the league than I would if we did it under AW

I would go insane if we won the league under Wenger again.

• Advertisement

I would go insane if we won the league under Wenger again.

You need not worry then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If that is true then he is even more of a useless obnoxious hypocritical little prat than I thought. Can't stand the little coward. Would have more time for Arshavin and Chamack than him. Is he Wenger's love child I often wonder ?

Wonder if he feels pressure to play him due to the pressure in the media and perhaps amongst fans to a lesser degree about having English players in the side.

It strikes me that when you look at the majority of players, owners and supporters (when you look at its Worldwide audience) the English content of the EPL is in the minority.

I really hope Walcott signs a new contract he is only 22 and would be a very good squad player to have

I really hope Walcott signs a new contract he is only 22 and would be a very good squad player to have

Honestly ? What do you see in him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I sure as hell dont I hope we can flog him to Liverpool they seem to have a thing for overpriced untalented English players at the momment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I sure as hell dont I hope we can flog him to Liverpool they seem to have a thing for overpriced untalented English players at the momment.

How much did Arsenal pay for him?

amiable wrote: »
    How much did Arsenal pay for him?

5million rising to 12 million depending on the clauses not exactly sure what it ended up at. Meaning we could prob get about 30 million of liverpool for him :D

5million rising to 12 million depending on the clauses not exactly sure what it ended up at. Meaning we could prob get about 30 million of liverpool for him :D

12 million for an unproven English teen. How ironic your posts are;)

amiable wrote: »
    12 million for an unproven English teen. How ironic your posts are;)

:p ah but we dont know if it ever even got close to that 12 million, but hey 12 millions still a fair bit off what Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll or Stewart Downing ;). Ill leave Henderson alone for now because hes still young and was bought on his potential.

• Advertisement

:p ah but we dont know if it ever even got close to that 12 million, but hey 12 millions still a fair bit off what Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll or Stewart Downing ;). Ill leave Henderson alone for now because hes still young and was bought on his potential.

We're talking about Walcott.

Arsenal surely had to meet all the add ons as he has played for England and played a lot of games now for Arsenal.

You mention Carroll. The dogs on the street know Liverpool over paid for him.

But in the post you slag off Liverpool for overpaying on over hyped English talent Arsenal did it too.

Take a bow son:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement