Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

greendom wrote: »
    Delighted for him - it'll be a great experience for him.

I'm not so sure. Walcott being named in the England World Cup squad at a similar age set him back in ways we will never fully know IMO.

Up on arsenal.com BTW:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/euro-2012-squads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. Walcott being named in the England World Cup squad at a similar age set him back in ways we will never fully know IMO.

Up on arsenal.com BTW:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/euro-2012-squads

Had Walcott not just been plucked from Southampton in 2006 ? Ox has had a season as a first team player at Arsenal, so he's ahead developmentally for sure. He may even get to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

off topic but why no rio ferdinand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

because who gives a sh!t?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fúck ferdinand :pac: we want news on RVP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Cause he'd batter John terry! :pac:

i bet it is because of the race row between his bro and Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

i bet it is because of the race row between his bro and Terry.

No sh1t Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

In other news, word on the twitosphere is that we've had a bid accepted for Kagawa. United still in pole position tho. I'm not one for getting my hopes up regarding the Arsenal & signings, but that little dude has been one of my favorite players in the world for the last few seasons!! Come on monsieur Wenger, make it happen :D

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Fúck ferdinand :pac: we want news on RVP!

I doubt there will be any today.
    I'd say hang tight.

I'd agree with what Frisbee said about him.
    If Arsenal get a really good offer cash in on him and use the money to replace him.

amiable wrote: »
    No sh1t Sherlock

So why support Terry? this is crazy. doesnt it support racism? seems like its fine to be racist to someone and instead of you getting done for it, the victims bro does LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

So why support Terry? this is crazy. doesnt it support racism? seems like its fine to be racist to someone and instead of you getting done for it, the victims bro does LOL

In fairness we don't know what happens behind the scenes. Rio could have been asked but opted out because of the race row.

True but it will be a farce if Terry gets charged. if he does. who in the reserve list will replace him?

Also where is kieran gibbs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dercola wrote: »
    In other news, word on the twitosphere is that we've had a bid accepted for Kagawa.

Actually speaking of dortmund players, gotze seems to have dissapeared off our radar altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Actually speaking of dortmund players, gotze seems to have dissapeared off our radar altogether.

I'm not sure if he signed a contract extension, but he did come out during the winter and said that he wants to stay at Dortmund for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

True but it will be a farce if Terry gets charged. if he does. who in the reserve list will replace him?

Also where is kieran gibbs!!!

what exactly does Terry and his place in the england squad have to do with Arsenal?

please refrain from using the language you have used about Terry also I dont have a high opinion of Terry but using certain terms about people is against the charter and obviously is off topic in this thread

Hope the Ox just has a good holiday / work experience maybe getting 1 group game before coming back to Arsenal eager to show his form to make it a more regular thing. I wouldnt like to see him be used as plan B cos England dont have one and think hes a wildcard only for it to backfire on them. Think he has a really bright future ahead of himself and that getting a little confidence from this summer could potentially do wonders for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

We would never pony up the cash needed to sign Gotze, same reason the rumours linking us to Eriksen from Ajax won't come to fruition.

On a side note, I write for a blog called goonerrepublic with another lad lad known as the Reverend. He is looking to share/ rent his season ticket for next season as his renewal is due shortly. If anyone is interested could they PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's weird thinking we could have three or four England internationals again (Gibbs if he can stay injury free) in the not too distant future. It wasn't that long ago we had no English players in the first team!

if afobe is as good as they say we could have five

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

stuchyg wrote: »
    if afobe is as good as they say we could have five

Oh he is, one more loan spell and he should be ready to play with us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Lads, thoughts on Ox's england inclusion? COuld he come in one or two games, do well and then have City sniffing around him like the vultures they are?

not so sure it was a good idea, it didnt work out too well for Theo when he was selected by Sven , really knocked his confidence although the Ox strikes me as being much more self assured at that age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

not so sure it was a good idea, it didnt work out too well for Theo when he was selected by Sven , really knocked his confidence although the Ox strikes me as being much more self assured at that age

Ox has already much more first team experience in the EPL and he is also much more physically developed that Theo was at that stage, he does seem a bit more of a natural football talent aswell.

Dont see the harm in it tbh, good confidence boost and a good experience for the lad and Roy Hodgson is a good man to have there, now if it was someone like Venables of Harry Id be much more concerned, but as it stands I think it will be a positive experience for him.

Walcott hadn't even kicked a ball for us at that stage. Chamberlain has played a decent amount of games for us. Can't see it having the same effect on him. Plus, a good tournament will boost his confidence even more. He doesn't seem like the kind of player who sulks around when he has a bad run (Mr. Arshavin step forward!), seems like it hardly affects him.

Hopefully it will do him good, a better Ox is good for us all I say. Do ppl think he will play from the right if he does feature or perhaps on the left like he has done for us instead of Downing for instance

I just came across this on Twitter

In the 'Statistical Team of the Year" by @EPLIndex Kompany was not included, but Koscielny and Skrtel were

To me it shows both Kos and Skrtel improved massively.
    In saying that you can only use statistics to a certain degree IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hopefully it will do him good, a better Ox is good for us all I say. Do ppl think he will play from the right if he does feature or perhaps on the left like he has done for us instead of Downing for instance

I think Ox will suffer the same faith Walcott did in his first world cup. I cant see him starting and I cant see him been thrown on if England need a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I'm not sure if he signed a contract extension, but he did come out during the winter and said that he wants to stay at Dortmund for another season.

yeah he signed a new contract to 2016.

He also said before that he'd like to play in spain if he left dortmund but this never stopped the rumours linking him to english clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

amiable wrote: »
    I just came across this on Twitter

In the 'Statistical Team of the Year" by @EPLIndex Kompany was not included, but Koscielny and Skrtel were

To me it shows both Kos and Skrtel improved massively.
    In saying that you can only use statistics to a certain degree IMO

Liverpool will try and buy Kos for 20mil now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

m'vila says he'll decide his future next week after the french leagues over links

• Advertisement

I suppose the problem with having the meeting in Wenger's house is that there is no one there to get any rumours out. Come on Mrs Wenger get onto Twitter and tell us what's been going on.

In other news, word on the twitosphere is that we've had a bid accepted for Kagawa. United still in pole position tho. I'm not one for getting my hopes up regarding the Arsenal & signings, but that little dude has been one of my favorite players in the world for the last few seasons!! Come on monsieur Wenger, make it happen :D

Yeah it was confirmed we did have a bid accepted, trying to convince him not to join utd now is the hard bit

I suppose the problem with having the meeting in Wenger's house is that there is no one there to get any rumours out. Come on Mrs Wenger get onto Twitter and tell us what's been going on.

LOL Mrs WENGER haha.

is Wenger still married because a couple of years ago there was a rumour he cheated on his missus?

Yeah it was confirmed we did have a bid accepted, trying to convince him not to join utd now is the hard bit

It's good to see us go in the pot for high quality players. He would be a brillant addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well there are reports starting to circulate that his meeting with Ferguson didnt go to well, he is meant to have said after walking out that he was still open to offers. Gives us a glimmer of hope really.

Id sadly say though United are still favorites.

LOL Mrs WENGER haha.

is Wenger still married because a couple of years ago there was a rumour he cheated on his missus?
    Yeah he likes his wimmen young too lol

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this Kagawa lad really available for only 7m?? delighted to hear they're trying for the same kind of players as the likes of Man U. Maybe we're not in for the usual frustrating summer after all? (leaving the inevitable RVP saga aside anyway)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is this Kagawa lad really available for only 7m?? delighted to hear they're trying for the same kind of players as the likes of Man U. Maybe we're not in for the usual frustrating summer after all? (leaving the inevitable RVP saga aside anyway)

If we got Kagawa and M'vila I would be dancing. It would be really impressive from the club.

Well there are reports starting to circulate that his meeting with Ferguson didnt go to well, he is meant to have said after walking out that he was still open to offers. Gives us a glimmer of hope really.

Id sadly say though United are still favorites.

I wouldnt necessarily say so. I dont think UTD are the draw they used to be. Rnt they losing some young players this year that they wanted to keep. Pogba is it? i dunno I just dont think UTD have the same appeal they have 5-10 years ago.

• Advertisement

LOL Mrs WENGER haha.

I remember my UTD supporting mate sayin when that story broke it could ruin Wenger and derail Arsenals season. It was out of the papers the next day and never really heard of again!! Seemed like some very shrewd PR goin on.

jonny666 wrote: »
    I wouldnt necessarily say so. I dont think UTD are the draw they used to be. Rnt they losing some young players this year that they wanted to keep. Pogba is it? i dunno I just dont think UTD have the same appeal they have 5-10 years ago.

I completly disagree. Anyone who wants to win titles and to be competing for the champions league would cry out for a chance to play for the most succesful club in english football for the past twenty years.

Granted they are not as strong now as they used to be but Sir Alex is not a fool and will be correcting things in the near future as he has always done with his teams when in transition.

Pogba comes across as a bit of a money grabber to me so I wouldn't pay too much attention to him.

jonny666 wrote: »
    I remember my UTD supporting mate sayin when that story broke it could ruin Wenger and derail Arsenals season. It was out of the papers the next day and never really heard of again!! Seemed like some very shrewd PR goin on.
    incidently that all got put on the media when arsenal bottled the carling cup final i think it was! So in a way, if true, it DID derail arsenal.

Also have u heard Wilshere's reply to Nasri?

LOL he had a go at him in other words. its all over the media. i read it in evening standard newspaper

HazDanz wrote: »

Pogba comes across as a bit of a money grabber to me so I wouldn't pay too much attention to him.
    I think he's out of contract now, but I couldnt see Fergie sticking with him. Say what you want about Fergie, he doesnt take any crap from anyone. To me, it seems like Pogba ended his United career when he decided to dick about with his contract offer.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think he's out of contract now, but I couldnt see Fergie sticking with him. Say what you want about Fergie, he doesnt take any crap from anyone. To me, it seems like Pogba ended his United career when he decided to dick about with his contract offer.

I don't know why he didn't stay with the club other than for more money, it just seems a bit mad that he wanted to leave. Supposedly Sir Alex had senior players and everything trying to get him to stick around. He must be a serious talent if he was doing that with the way Pogba was pissing on the United contract.

EDIT: On the Wilshere thing he said this to TalkSport: "Fair play to him, he's won a trophy but over the next couple of years that's our goal – to win a trophy. I can really see Arsenal winning a trophy, so maybe he spoke too soon and we can rub it in his face next year."

Great to see Wilshere so loyal and determined to make things happen for Arsenal. Hopefully over the next couple of years we can win more than just A trophy though!

Lot of media outlets in France saying the mvila deal is done and will be announced next week

That deal is def done, one or two more and were set for a good season I reckon

• Advertisement

Lot of media outlets in France saying the mvila deal is done and will be announced next week

That deal is def done, one or two more and were set for a good season I reckon

Will be a great signing in his own right and maybe another encouragement for RVP to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is that a sleeping bag Gervinho is holding up? Probably explains why it was like he's been asleep in nearly every game he's played!

On another note the chemistry really seems great! The craic they have is unreal and has came along great the last few years.

The M'Vila deal is being reported by Le Parisien as done - pretty reputable source....

I'm not going to get too excited until it's on the Arsenal website. Maybe start if it appears as confirmed on Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement