Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle camera, diskman, printer

Options
  • 30-07-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

I have the following for recycling:
    - Camera (not digital)
    - Epson deskjet printer
    - Two discmans (i.e., portable, personal CD player Walkman thingies)
    - Two of those electronic personal organisers/diary things that that used to be in vogue before the advent of smart phones (can't think of the proper name right now).

One option is to bring them to the local WEEE skip.

Are there any other options? Are there any charities that take these kind of things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Many charity shops are glad to take old Walkmans, tape players - I know as that's where I pick up some of my stuff. My youngest child who is at the cutting edge of technology loves his old cassette tape Sony Walkman - couple of Euros from a local charity shop. :)

If you took the lenses from the camera, the stepper motors from the printer and the laser from the cd player you're halfway to making a laser etcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭CarPark2

If you took the lenses from the camera, the stepper motors from the printer and the laser from the cd player you're halfway to making a laser etcher.

Lol. Halfway maybe, but I wouldn't know a laser etcher if it jumped up and etched me on the face!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The NGO, Camara, might take the printer: http://camara.org/give-computers/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

I'm sure that a store that takes second hand stuff would love to take those things from you. They will be able to sell them to the people who really need them and can't afford to buy them outright. So, that would be a great option that you could have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement