Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Toshiba satillite pro how to get EURO key mapping

Options
  • 21-01-2009 12:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I did a search in the forums and drew a blank

I want to have a key that does the euro symbol
    all I have is the £ and $

I know I can get Euro with typing up the stuff in my open office and pick it under special symbols

I often write direct to the forums rather than through a word program either Open Office ,Star or Microsoft word and pasting it afterwards so a simple direct key would be preferable

Any ideas how to redifiune remap whatever some key on the keypad

With Toshiba there is some sort of extra ovelay mapping so as to have arrows and the numeric key pad accessed with FN key(special key to Toshiba )+F10 or + F11

The onboard manula say for keyboard ASC11 mapping
    Not all ASC11 Characters can be generated using the normal key board operation.
    But you can generate these characters using thier ASC11 codes

Now the problem is to define for toshiba what is the ASC11 for the euro symbol

Derry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Pressing Alt Gr and 4 (with $ € symbols) will give you €. Is this what you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

if you change regional settings to irish, including the keyboard, the alt gr-4 thing mentioned will work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Excellent thanks guys

Derry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the characters from the keys are all done in software
    the keyboard tells the computer someone pressed Alt-Gr and the 25th key and the keyboard driver does the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Pshan wrote: »
    Pressing Alt Gr and 4 (with $ € symbols) will give you €. Is this what you wanted?

Feck! after 10 yrs of the € I can now type € bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!! cheers for the heads up on that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement