Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targa laptop

Options
  • 21-02-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I've a targa laptop, about 4 years old. Its running like a clock, one small problem that has arised lately is that when the fan comes on for a few seconds the computer has a tendancy, sometimes, to switch off suddenly. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how it could be remedied????

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sounds like it's overheating. You could try cleaning the fan, as after 4 years i'd imagine there'd be a lot of dust build up inside. I did a clean up of my laptops fan there recently, and it really was surprising just how much dust builds up inside it. My laptop is 3 years old so i'd imagine your targa could even be worse. To clean it you'd have to take it apart, which can be a pain on some laptops, but on others it's quite easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I thought it might be that alright.... the computer doesn't feel that hot though, some mates have Dell laptops that you could fry eggs on when they are turned on for only a few minutes. I'll give it a go anyway and see if it makes a difference.

Advertisement