Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such thing as a laptop components compatibility chart?.

Options
  • 19-02-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a few bits and pieces for a laptop and wondering what other models / makes would share some the same components so I can broaden my search options on Ebay.
    Is there a chart / website available?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

What compatible parts are you looking for exactly?

RAM, Hard drives, DVD drives are swapable to an extent. What info are you looking for? Is a drive SATA or IDE?

Don;t think there is a list unfortunately, Best bet google I suppose.

Edit: Just seen your other post, it's probably a Fujitsu Siemens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its a lower end Fujitsu Siemens Amelia I was considering repairing or breaking for bits If I cant get what for it. It would be proprietary stuff like screens, MB,s Inverters, power supplies, batteries etc.

I am aware that HDDS, Ram, DVDRW (Except for bezels) are kept pretty much standard among manufacturers.

some motherboards between FS and Iqon are the same. but no way of knowing through a chart.
    Screens and invertors can be swapable but no way of knowing that either. they are manufactured by companies such as Samsung and LG.
    Some companies power supplies are swapable also.

For all of the above look for part numbers rather than Fujitsu Siemens power supply for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kikel wrote: »
    some motherboards between FS and Iqon are the same. but no way of knowing through a chart.
    Screens and invertors can be swapable but no way of knowing that either. they are manufactured by companies such as Samsung and LG.
    Some companies power supplies are swapable also.

For all of the above look for part numbers rather than Fujitsu Siemens power supply for example.
    Cheers, It just annoys me that they can't standardise components to fit like ATX desk tops. :mad:

Cheers, It just annoys me that they can't standardise components to fit like ATX desk tops. :mad:

That would make life a whole lot easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement