Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting my dog spayed (how to do it on the cheap)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

When you get her spayed make sure to get that put on her name tag.

Kerry Blues are not very common & they are a really nice dog so I'd be afraid if someone tried to dognap her specifically to breed off her. Once they are made aware that she is spayed (name tag) all interest will be lost in her.

OP go to your local rescue centre & ask them for advice. I'm sure they have a special rate for getting dogs neutered considering the volume of dogs they would have instead of an ordinary Joe like yourself going in once.

Look if all else fails use your father in laws details. When times are good again make a nice donation to one of the dog charities :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i just spayed mine last week
    nanny is living next door
    never thought of that, would have saved me 100
    s11t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

More of the "Get a coat hanger, alcohol, bla bla, etc" posts please. Each one is highly amusing and even more original than the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

dclane wrote: »
    What are peoples view on this:

I need to get our 1 year old dog spayed next week. The normal price is about €140 however if you manage to bring along a pensioner or unemployed person and pretend it's their dog you only have to pay €20. I am getting the wife to ask her Dad who is 68 to come along to the vets and let on its his dog. What do you think people, is this morally wrong of me?

You sound like the mean and miserable type but if you cannot afford it, why not take responsibility for the dirty deed yourself (you are the owner) and take the dog to the Bluecross Mobile Unit.

My heart hurts for your dog, what an owner you must be!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There is a place in Inchicore that does it for a small donation of 15 euro. I forget the name. It was free up until recently, they do it for the poor. We could not afford anything but you give what you can. I got my cats done there, they do dogs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

You sound like the mean and miserable type :mad:
    Eh no he doesnt!He sounds more responsible than some owners ive come across.Read the thread properly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There's no need to get the cat spayed. You're human and therefore can't get the cat pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

This is why we never have female pets. Getting the males done is so much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You sound like the mean and miserable type but if you cannot afford it, why not take responsibility for the dirty deed yourself (you are the owner) and take the dog to the Bluecross Mobile Unit.

My heart hurts for your dog, what an owner you must be!:mad:
    wow wow wow, back up there big boy, how is the OP mean and miserable IF HE CANNOT AFFORD IT. Obviously the majority of sanctimonious posters on this thread haven't the foggiest idea of what it's like to be broke. I say get it done the cheapest place you can OP,or better still, let the dog have puppy's and sell them to eejits claiming their rare.

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    Eh no he doesnt!He sounds more responsible than some owners ive come across.Read the thread properly :rolleyes:

The honest way is surely the responsible way and as for involving other people in a deceitful way? Well:o

dubtom wrote: »
    wow wow wow, back up there big boy, how is the OP mean and miserable IF HE CANNOT AFFORD IT. Obviously the majority of sanctimonious posters on this thread haven't the foggiest idea of what it's like to be broke. I say get it done the cheapest place you can OP,or better still, let the dog have puppy's and sell them to eejits claiming their rare.

Where's the Mustard gas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yeah it's morally wrong alright. Just take care off your dog woman properly and lock her up while she's on heat to stop men dogs sniffing around

Pity you couldnt do that to some humans I know:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

What are peoples view on this:

I need to get our 1 year old dog spayed next week. The normal price is about €140 however if you manage to bring along a pensioner or unemployed person and pretend it's their dog you only have to pay €20. I am getting the wife to ask her Dad who is 68 to come along to the vets and let on its his dog. What do you think people, is this morally wrong of me?

What about the dog licence and tagging the animal? you'll have to register your in law as the owner? That will cause problems down the road?

If you let her have a litter of pups you'll make enough cash out of the pup's to pay for the op, you miserable git?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

..and to those that are very quick to ridicule look at your own conscience's. I can't stand people who use anonymity as a way to display their bravery and rudeness to others. More sensible posting is appreciated!

in fairness, there is an animal welfare forum if you wanted more sensible posts! your posting about spaying animals on the cheap in "after hours".
    if you are actually struggling then the "moral" question of taking from a charity becomes less black and white. do whatever your conscience allows you to. if i couldnt afford it, i would get the dog spayed in the way you mention.

wrt other people playing the system, no its not right, but they still do it and will only have their own conscience to deal with, that is the irish "society" we live in (cute hoors and me fein all the way)

finally, just to comment, your original post made me think you were deciding between pints at the weekend and getting the dog spayed. others may have thought the same, hence the harsh repsonses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

kylith wrote: »
    100% disagree (apart from it being morally wrong to steal from a charity, I agree with that).
    Percentage fail.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

enda1 wrote: »
    The whole spaying thing should really be free though.
    Would be nice to have free health care for humans, but they are selling off the VHI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

What about the dog licence and tagging the animal? you'll have to register your in law as the owner? That will cause problems down the road?

If you let her have a litter of pups you'll make enough cash out of the pup's to pay for the op, you miserable git?
    whos her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

biko wrote: »
    Seems high, I got my cat done for just over a hundred - 150 including the kitten shots.

That's expensive toilet paper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Would be nice to have free health care for humans, but they are selling off the VHI

VHI was never free nor purported to be.

I didn't say all veterinary care, but something like neutering an animal should be free, just because it would in the end probably save money, and definitely save animal welfare.

Advertisement