Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhass lakes

Options
  • 18-10-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with these lakes now,are they still selling fishing tickets for them? They seem to just do wake boarding and that now going off their FB page.

Anyone been there recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

Im pretty sure that they still do, But I herd recently it's going downhill, I wouldn't fish there, Here's the list of lakes for rainbows, Not much lakes, http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/putandtake/Cork.htm But if you do go, Normally now it's colder so Use sinking lines or floating with lures, (Cats whiskers etc) If your fishing lure's with a floating line, Let it sink for 40 secounds or so, Or if it's sunny or hot Use Dry flies Or buzzers (epoxy ones) Anyways Local knowledge is the key

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Thank you.Do you know if lough adderra in that link is open year round like ballyhass or does it only open on season?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Loch aderra is not open all year round its covered in weed now I only passed it few days ago

Ballyhass is a complete waste if ya ask me the quality and numbers are way down they are after switching their focus to activities really

Thanks popsy. I didnt go for rainbows all year and as soon as the season closed im itching for a few :) Is there any other lake that stays open year round?

There used to be one before skibb not shepperton now but can't think of name it was all fly and from boat only but I didn't hear of people fishing it lately

Carrigavantry seems to be the place its outside tramore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

Couldn't Help you not form cork :) In galway myself.

goodluck

Thanks lads, ill check out carrigavantry soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

popsy09 wrote: »
    There used to be one before skibb not shepperton now but can't think of name it was all fly and from boat only but I didn't hear of people fishing it lately

Carrigavantry seems to be the place its outside tramore

Ballinlough lake?

If so, a great fishery. Not sure if it's all year round tho. Lovely scenic place, quiet.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Ballinlough lake?

If so, a great fishery. Not sure if it's all year round tho. Lovely scenic place, quiet.

Yip that's the one there used be shore fishing few years back but there was hassle over the lands around lake ,I remember buying permit and not being allowed walk into the field by farmer
    The woman I got permit off came down then and they started a shouting match ,I packed the gear got my money and went to shepperton , I can imagine that's why it's boat only now

It used be all year round too I remember fishing it around November not sure about now

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

popsy09 wrote: »
    Yip that's the one there used be shore fishing few years back but there was hassle over the lands around lake ,I remember buying permit and not being allowed walk into the field by farmer
    The woman I got permit off came down then and they started a shouting match ,I packed the gear got my money and went to shepperton , I can imagine that's why it's boat only now

It used be all year round too I remember fishing it around November not sure about now

Ya ballinlough is open all year the buddy was there last Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DubiousV

Has anyone fished shepperton lately? Have fond memories from when I was young and would love to try it again when I'm home, so am wondering how it is these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

realrebel wrote: »
    Ya ballinlough is open all year the buddy was there last Monday

Had he any good............

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

gary29428 wrote: »
    Had he any good............

Ya they had a good few between them they said but every day is different lol u know yourself

Advertisement