Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

honda knocking noise

• 15-07-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys I recently bought a honda integra 1.6 1998 the guy I bought it from told me it needed new drop links and a new exhaust bracket rubber towards the front, I can on ocasion feel a knocking under the gear box whilst driving over ruff road, also after driving it hard or reving it only sometimes there is like a knocking from under the bottom back of the engine its not a loud knock or hard and it fades after 40 seconds or so but just wondering what it is as the engine is ticking over perfect other than that and drives ok, I jacked it up the other day and the exhaust looked fine not hanging or anything. also it only heats up quater way when driving and half when idle but the fan does kick in at idle also if you drive it on a bit the engine temp goes down a good bit, just want some one to give me peace of mind as cant afford to go to the mechanic for the next couple of weeks cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

No takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Could the noise when your driving over bumps not be worn drop links and the noise at the rear of the engine when you rev it not be a worn/broken exhaust mounts....like the guy said?

The noises you describe seem to point at both of those being likely causes.

Advertisement