Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is this port for?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pic too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are you sure it's a port? It's impossible to tell from the angle at which you took the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks like a switch to disable the interior sensors is missing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Looks like a switch to disable the interior sensors is missing

What is interior sensors? Sorry I don't know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

arleitiss wrote: »
    What is interior sensors? Sorry I don't know :D

When you lock the car, it usually comes on after 30 seconds. If it detects any movement inside the car it triggers the alarm.

• Advertisement

When you lock the car, it usually comes on after 30 seconds. If it detects any movement inside the car it triggers the alarm.

oh, I was told by seller car doesn't have alarm, though when I lock it a tiny red LED comes up near hazard switch then goes off, and if I left a door partly open and lock it then I open it while locked, some kind of alarm goes off, yet if I hit say a wheel nothing goes off.

Most car alarms only go off if there is movement in the door handle, door or windows. Not every car's alarm is so sensitive that it'll go off when the car is touched.

There is a car in which the alarm can be set off by active WiFi on a passer-by's phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those 2 holes to the sides are alarm sensors aren't they?

Most car alarms only go off if there is movement in the door handle, door or windows. Not every car's alarm is so sensitive that it'll go off when the car is touched.

There is a car in which the alarm can be set off by active WiFi on a passer-by's phone!

oh, that's interesting. I thought all car alarms will go off by simply kicking wheel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Those 2 holes to the sides are alarm sensors aren't they?

Indeed :)
    arleitiss wrote: »
    oh, that's interesting. I thought all car alarms will go off by simply kicking wheel

Some do, Clifford alarms are very sensitive. They can be set off by someone walking past the car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You deserve your own sub forum OP.

You deserve your own sub forum OP.

I know yeah, so many questions....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Do you mind me asking what car is it? And what is the reason for that?
    I understand this is manufacturer's error...

wonski wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what car is it? And what is the reason for that?
    I understand this is manufacturer's error...

The new Mazda RX8's. Not available in Ireland though so you needn't worry :D

Yes, I think it's a software glitch but there is a TSB in the UK for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Indeed :)

Some do, Clifford alarms are very sensitive. They can be set off by someone walking past the car.

Friend's motorcycle has very sensitive one. I kind of understand it is to prevent it being put in the back of van to get it to safe location and disable.
    Maybe in some cars it is to prevent towing or putting clamp?

Advertisement