Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paramotoring in Ireland

Options
  • 12-10-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

This is probably the wrong place for this,but there doesn't seem to be a flying section in sports for some reason.
    I've been on the IPHAA website ,and the links to the 2 clubs (the Falcons ,and the midland paramotoring club),doesn't seem to be working .
    Is there anyone on here a member of either of these clubs,or that are currently Paramotoring ?
    Cheers,Arrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

The nanny state has probably had its way with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wx_paraglider

Hi. I fly a paramotor in Wexford. Were you able to get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Hi. I fly a paramotor in Wexford. Were you able to get in touch.

Are you in Oulart ?:D

Hi. Yes I have been bopping around in the sky above Oulart for a while now. The whole thing weighs less than 40 kgs including the wing and costs less than 8 euro per hour to fly. Cheap running costs but can be a little expensive to get into.
    I hope the wind dies down soon for my next little adventure. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Good to hear there's a paramotor scene!

I figured it was restricted / outlawed by the ptb.

Do you not need paragliding experience first to get into it though?

• Advertisement

Hi. For me knowing how to paraglide helps but the schools that teach Paramotoring don't require any previous experience. When I fly the paramotor I don't need to find thermals to stay up and there's no need to ridge soar. Every flight is a cross country flight and only requires a small landing and take off area. Its good craic with amazing views, the trick is to stay safe.

Advertisement