Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport logistics

Options
  • 30-04-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

We're (two adults one baby) going to take a bus (or train) to the Dublin airport tomorrow and get a hotel for the night, as we have an 08:30 int'l flight the next day. We'll have a lot of luggage and be on a bit of a budget, so we're thinking of using Hotwire to book a place that has an airport shuttle. Is this our best bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Which airline are you travelling, some of the airlines let you check in the night before. This maybe helpful with the luggage in the morning. One of you could stay at the hotel while the other drops off the luggage the night before.

My opinion is just book which ever airport hotel is cheapest with a shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Zefff

edeldonlon wrote: »
    Which airline are you travelling, some of the airlines let you check in the night before. This maybe helpful with the luggage in the morning. One of you could stay at the hotel while the other drops off the luggage the night before.

My opinion is just book which ever airport hotel is cheapest with a shuttle.

Good idea. This could buy us some time in the early morning. I'll check with the airline (WestJet). It's a seasonal one though, so I have my doubts.

I just found out that from Tralee to DUB, Dublin Coach is only €20 VS. the train @ €39 that doesn't even go to the airport.

I should have included that if we're going to be dropped off at the airport by the bus, it would be nice to know that a hotel shuttle would also pick us up there and bring us to the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zefff wrote: »
    I should have included that if we're going to be dropped off at the airport by the bus, it would be nice to know that a hotel shuttle would also pick us up there and bring us to the hotel.

Check with the hotel. A lot of them in the vicinity have shuttle busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

This has a frequent shuttle and has nice surroundings
    http://www.hiexpressdublin-airport.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Check with the hotel. A lot of them in the vicinity have shuttle busses.

Yep. Most - if not all of them - have shuttles. Shop around for the best rate. Check their website to see if they have a shuttle and away you go. Might not be a bad idea to contact the hotel and find out how often the shuttles run. Some of them run on the hour or half hour, 24 hrs a day. Some of them only run, when the front desk alerts them of passengers needing to be dropped off. I found the Carlton to very good.

Thanks folks. I think we're sorted. Hotwire.com gave us The Waterside House Hotel, Donabate on the Beach for €77 (plus the €13 that Hotwire keeps for itself). I called them and asked for the shuttle to meet us.

We're going to miss Ireland and all the amazing people living here. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Good for you. Safe travels. Donabate isn't anywhere near the airport, but that's a great price for such a late booking.

Advertisement