Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sandyford Motor Centre - Groupon Citydeals

Options

Comments

Yeah would be great to hear if this place is reputable, because it can't be faulted on price!

"Valid for all makes and models up to 2009. Valid for vehicles with an engine size of up to 2 litres only."

If they use oil that is of the correct spec etc than it looks a very decent offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FunkDrummer

Hi lads, did any of ye get that groupon deal? I missed it myself but found this on their website

http://www.sandyfordmotorcentre.com/aftersales.php

That looks like another fairly decent offer by these guys, so it would be interesting to hear if anyone had a good word to say about it. I'm due a service anyway before Christmas so it might be worth signing up to this with all the free bits and pieces and discounts that are on offer?

I'm only new in Dublin so I'm not sure where to go and where to avoid when it comes to car maintenance, cheers.

Hi FD,

Booked in for a service next Wed using the Groupon voucher will let you know how I get on.

Bumpsy

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

I've used this place before and to be honest always found them excellent to deal with. As always with these offers the key thing is to ensure they use the right grade of oil for you car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FunkDrummer

Cheers man, the info is much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

They checked out my astra when i was buying it, car was perfect and has stayed that way. Good bunch

What is the fear with cars over 2.0L?

cisk wrote: »

More oil required.

cisk wrote: »

More oil required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Lads I dont know if you know how groupon works, but your business discounts 50% or more on your standard price to start with. So here its 65% off down to 55 euro. Groupon take 50% of the money taken on the deals, so the garage is getting 27.50 euro for this job. If you think you getting a OEM filter and good oil along with the labour involved your kidding yourself. Either there will be large scale up-selling to make up the loss or chip fat and a coffee filter going into the engine. Caution advised a good garage cannot do the work they are saying with good oil for the money they are getting in.

Advertisement