Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolans Warehouse

Options
  • 21-02-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Is this a nice venue? Good sound, etc.?
    Anybody know if the live music venue is strictly 18+ or o.k. for a group (3-4) of 17 year olds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Great venue with great sound but it is a bar also so most gigs will be 18+.

However there is the odd all ages gig at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

chances of getting into mumford and sons gig in march with no id?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

as far as i'm aware it's strictly over 18's.

how strictly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

No ID no entry kind of strict. Don't think of it as a venue with a bar, as it's more like a bar with a big stage. Think Whelans in Dublin kind of set up.

There's is only one way to find out for sure : http://www.dolanspub.com/contact.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

aranciata wrote: »
    how strictly?

I'd say strict enough if they consider keeping their alcohol trading license important.

It's not unknown that they've been lenient in the past.
    Several 16 and 17 year-old friends of mine got into Rubberbandits and other gigs sans I.D.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Dolans have announced it is strictly over 18s.

Yeah, just saw that on their facebook. The 18+ demand is probably great enough it'll sell out anyways. I'll wait 'til Laura Marling reschedules.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

aranciata wrote: »
    It's not unknown that they've been lenient in the past.
    Several 16 and 17 year-old friends of mine got into Rubberbandits and other gigs sans I.D.

If they even slightly suspected someone was underage there's not a chance in hell of them getting served alcohol.

Proper order too. Dolan's run a good venue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seeking advice on breaking the law is a banable offence. That includes trying to get under-age persons into a licensed premises after 21:00. Keep that in mind if you want to keep posting here, aranciata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DesQ2

They won't get served alcohol, but we got into a gig yrs ago, one of the lads got his dad to contact Dolans beforehand, we were pretty much in the corner all night under his supervision, but times have changed! that was 10yrs ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DesQ2 wrote: »
    They won't get served alcohol, but we got into a gig yrs ago, one of the lads got his dad to contact Dolans beforehand, we were pretty much in the corner all night under his supervision, but times have changed! that was 10yrs ago.

Indeed they have. The laws were updated in 2003. Let this be the end of this train of discussion.

I never intended on breaking the law, or asking anyone to aid me in breaking the law. I asked whether the venue was strictly 18+ or not, can't I ask a question without being scolded? Dolans' website isn't very clear which gigs are all ages and which are 18+ also - I had to ring earlier to inquire.

Perhaps I only asked, and repeated to ask because I wanted to hear what I wanted to hear - mimetic desire indeed! "Forgive me I am only a maid" - but not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If I was a Bouncer there I'd let you in for a bit of peace and quiet!!!

Advertisement