Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses over existing glasses.

• 12-07-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some sunglasses but as I already use prescription glasses I would need them to be "prescription" also.

However I don't want to fork out a lot of money geting special ones made up in specsavers, unless I really have too and simple clip-on's won't work with my current specs.

I have noticed you can get these wrap-around thingys that will fit over a normal pair of specs. See - http://www.sunglassesoverglasses.com. They look pretty strange/hideous.

But how practicle are these, would there be any issues with distorting the vision from the real specs (I would be mainly driving) and is there anywhere in Dublin where I could check them out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

dogmatix wrote:
    I'm looking to get some sunglasses but as I already use prescription glasses I would need them to be "prescription" also.

However I don't want to fork out a lot of money geting special ones made up in specsavers, unless I really have too and simple clip-on's won't work with my current specs.

I have noticed you can get these wrap-around thingys that will fit over a normal pair of specs. See - http://www.sunglassesoverglasses.com. They look pretty strange/hideous.

But how practicle are these, would there be any issues with distorting the vision from the real specs (I would be mainly driving) and is there anywhere in Dublin where I could check them out?

Christ those ARE hideous.Its a pity clip ons dont suit they would be your best bet.I reckon save your money and buy a proper prescription pair it will certainly be worth it with the end result and for driving a polarized lens is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Those "glasses over glasses" things are worn a LOT by old people. They look gank.

The obvious solution would be to go for contact lenses and just wear your sunglasses then normally? It will save you:

a) The embarrassment of those huge sunglasses over your glasses

b) The cost of having prescription lenses fitted.

Contacts are very cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

mcauley wrote:

Contacts are very cheap too.

I pick my lenses up at getlenses.com 3 months supply of daily disposables costs about €100 and you usually have them in a day or two. course at that cost you could get the second pair of prescription glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

dade wrote:
    I pick my lenses up at getlenses.com 3 months supply of daily disposables costs about €100 and you usually have them in a day or two. course at that cost you could get the second pair of prescription glasses

try yourlenses.ie I got 6 months supply of monthly lenses for less than €40!
    Its a great site.

Whoops, kinda forgetting about the topic here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Aye - your right they are hideous, jeeze - what was I thinking! This is what happens when you try to penny pinch. I do have problems with contact lenses so i'll have to bite the bullet and get proper prescription sunglasses. Couple of places doing 2 for 1 at the mo so i'll get them there. Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

U could get polarising lenses

The shade of the lense darkens/lightens depending on the amount of light in your eyes, they're really good

Advertisement