Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgge help

Options
  • 07-02-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

hi all im wondering if ye all could help me im looking for advice on getting a mortgage iv decided to buy a house and agreed a price so any help on which is the best lender would be alot im living with my fiance (shes on a student visa) and we are planning to marry in august so ill be getting the mortgage my self my gross pay yearly is 22k thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Probably better off here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

Though on 22k, I am afraid you won't get enough money for a large mortgage. Someone I know is on a bit more then you and I believe got approved for around 130k.
    Really need one very good or 2 average incomes for a house mortgage these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 neevodee

None of the banks are giving a 100% mortgage but Bank of Ireland are giving 92% as are AIB. Ulster Bank will only give 90%. Think they will only give you about 5 times your salary so 22k will only get you 110k and you'll have to come up with the deposit it as well. They're being really strict on having all your proof of income as well and proof of saving and the rent your paying. Good luck with it, hope it goes ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Not trying to scare you op, but I know a couple who went looking for a mortgage, he has over 10k saved, and she owns a (very old) house and land, they were looking for a mortgage to knock the house that she owns and build a better one. They are both civil servants on permanent contracts, he's a teacher and she's admin staff, They were pre-approved for €400k but with planning mess ups their mortgage offer lapsed. So they re-applied and were told what to go do with themselves.

There's very few people getting mortgages at the moment. I would say that you will find it hard on the money you're earning to get one unless you have a large deposit and are looking for a small amount over a long period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When I was earning 22k I was offered a 300k mortgage from PTSB. If I went anywhere near a bank now they wouldn't even give me an overdraft.

I don't envy your position. Try a broker instead of going direct to a lender.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

3 x income if you are lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement