Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and FÁS with work placement

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I have applied to LIT as a mature student but I have a few questions about the BTEA. At the end of 2011 I was made redundant and was receiving Jobseekers up until last December, when I started with FÁS and got the their allowance.

When this course finishes at the end of this month I will be on one month's work placement as part of the course (still being paid by FÁS).

The citizen's information website states that I should qualify for the BTEA since I moved directly from Jobseekers to the FÁS allowance. However, my question is will the month of work placement disqualify my BTEA application?

I have been assuming that since I'm still being paid by FÁS it shouldn't matter, and I'm not entirely sure who to contact to find out, but if anybody has some insight or information I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisement