Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to open store in Ballincollig

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I heard Boots, Tesco and McDonalds!

McDonalds is down by newest Aldi (at old army barracks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

boots in xtravision possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Not another pharmacy!! Surely Ballincollig is already overpopulated with pharmacies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It would be nice if they could get a few new shops on the lane with Heatons and Vapourpal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I THINK this is opening this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

I heard this saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Would have been nice if ONE of those companies were irish, but I guess it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Not another pharmacy!! Surely Ballincollig is already overpopulated with pharmacies.
    jesus
    I've seen others complain about this on Facebook, but obviously some folks from Ballincollig have never been to the big smoke and seen that Boots is far from a standard irish chemist shop.
    Its got a counter in the corner selling drugs, and the rest is all cosmetics, babycare and other personal products which is the real reason most go to boots.

Most pharmacys make their money on the drugs and other products are a side show.
    Boots is the opposite.

Anyhow, glad to see it open, and at this stage the reasons for venturing into cork or towards it are getting smaller and smaller now that pennys, boots and tesco are open or opening in Ballincollig (with the existing shops nearby)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

fionny wrote: »
    I THINK this is opening this weekend.

It's opening tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's opening tomorrow!

Their local flyer says 25th ... that would be saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mikeecho wrote: »

Who is opening it?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is opening it?

just saw the flyer in passing.
    didnt read it fully

have no idea who is opening it.. dont really care either as its only a feicking shop.
    it'll have all the same stuff as wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

just saw the flyer in passing.
    didnt read it fully

have no idea who is opening it.. dont really care either as its only a feicking shop.
    it'll have all the same stuff as wilton.

Got vouchers in the door. 10 euro off 40 euro shop. One voucher per week for next 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Well I work there and it's definitely tomorrow :)

Well I work there and it's definitely tomorrow :)

I don't doubt you.

Maybe it's the official opening on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Called in there today around 6pm. Naturally it was busy. Too early to tell until the novelty effect wears off. First impressions are good though.

Far wider selection than any of the other supermarkets in Ballincollig. I will be frequenting it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Was very busy at lunchtime very nice store.

vince wrote: »
    Was very busy at lunchtime very nice store.

A Tesco is a Tesco is a Tesco....

i'm sure they'll do very well in ballincollig, and take the pressure off wilton.
    But i can't see what all the fuss is about and why people are flocking there in the initial days.. i mean have they never seen a Tesco before.

Sure i'll use it for stuffi cant get in lidl or aldi, but thats about it.

BTW.. the "old" ALDI is suppose to be closing soon according to the rumor mill. the lease on the old store is running out and apparently they only held onto it to delay the indroduction of lidl, who were limited in where they could build and ended up settling with their current location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

A Tesco is a Tesco is a Tesco....

i'm sure they'll do very well in ballincollig, and take the pressure off wilton.
    But i can't see what all the fuss is about and why people are flocking there in the initial days.. i mean have they never seen a Tesco before.

Sure i'll use it for stuffi cant get in lidl or aldi, but thats about it.

BTW.. the "old" ALDI is suppose to be closing soon according to the rumor mill. the lease on the old store is running out and apparently they only held onto it to delay the indroduction of lidl, who were limited in where they could build and ended up settling with their current location.

Aldi have a lease on the place until 2024, the building is for sale.

Advertisement