Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague

Options
  • 11-03-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Planning on going to Prague with a few other lads at the end of July. Just want to get opinions on the place from people who have been there before.
    Bars/Nightclubs to go to?
    Is it a lively city?
    What are the women like?
    What are the prices like? Beer/food/etc..?
    Weather?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

1. most of the major tourist bars and clubs are within easy walking distance of the main square so you can easily try out everything.
    2. like any major european capital its lively, its not paris or london but its busy night and day in or around the main square.
    3. eastern european women
    4. when i was there a few years ago local beer was 50 cent a pint in local bars outside the main tourist area, in the tourist bars local beer was €1.50 a pint
    5. never been in summer but i expect it to be warm and quite muggy that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rossie1977 wrote: »
    5. never been in summer but i expect it to be warm and quite muggy that time of year.

More likely to be hot and dry - continental climate in central Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I was there on a week long stag in June last year. My wallet and I are still recovering :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Is it gone expensive these days? Heard prices have shot up compared to recent years? Heading over for the 5 nights so I'd like to know how much I'd have to bring

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

I was there in the winter and loved the city.
    I noticed at night time there seemed to be a few men around offering some drugs to my boyfriend. When we went in the October all the bars seemed to close rather early in the W.Square.. there was one late bar/club we went to one night near it though that stayed open. Unfortunately I can not remember the name.
    There is a pub crawl group that might be worth joining.

Food seemed to be quite reasonably priced i thought. Go onto Trip advisor forums and you will find more information! Enjoy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

If anyone has updated prices on Prague please share them, I was there 2 years ago but hope to head back in about 2 months,
    The cheapest beer I found was in the Hard Rock Cafe which is normally way more expensive, It was €2 a beer, in old town square a beer was €4!
    Food is pretty cheap too, I can't wait to go back it's a lovely city!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Looking at this site, the average is €1.15, which would be pretty great: http://www.pintprice.com/city.php?/Prague/Czech%20Republic/eur.htm

That said, all prices are user submitted so can't be completely relied upon. Hoping to get over myself at some point this year for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Planning on going to Prague with a few other lads at the end of July. Just want to get opinions on the place from people who have been there before.
    Bars/Nightclubs to go to?
    Is it a lively city?
    What are the women like?
    What are the prices like? Beer/food/etc..?
    Weather?

How did the trip go ?

Id be interested to know as I am planning to head over with a group of lads in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The nicest Guinness Ive ever had was in this bar http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

I'm going to Prague in a few weeks for a weekend, what's the night life like crime wise as I tend to just wander anywhere.
    Kinda thought the city had a bit of a name as a mad place but haven't come across any bad story's apart from the odd pushy dealer or ladies of the night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement