Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Aw diddums, a day later, sack the administrators!

The creditors' meeting to consider the CVA proposal is on June the 14th.

And if they agree to the CVA and then to the 28 day cooling off period we could be out of administration on... the 12th of July :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Admininstation for a football club isnt extremely time sensitive, oh wait

How many missed deadlines is it now Jelle? At their rates, you'd expect a small bit of competence, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

And if they agree to the CVA and then to the 28 day cooling off period we could be out of administration on... the 12th of July :p

Your attitude to the demise of your club is comical!

Duff and Phelps are far more than a 'day late' with this. Time and money are quickly running out.

It seems that Duff and Phelps haven't even offered a 'p in the £' deal but they've stated what the pot is and what they hope it to be if they sell players and win the litigation later this year with Collyer Bristow!

It's even more moonbeams stuff. It's like me going to the bank and telling them that I can't pay back my mortgage but I've a bet on the 3:15 in Leopardstown and if that wins sure I'll throw you a few quid, but I ain't telling you how much! And if the horse doesn't come in then in going to sell my house to my buddy for about 5% of what I said it was worth a couple of months ago.

The Herald (Scottish one) are claiming that Rangers CVA is 1p (yes a penny!) in the £, yet Charles Green stated he had warchest of £20m for transfers? How can anyone vote for this?

Liquidation seems certain if this is true.

EDIT - The journalist (Martin Williams) has now deleted the tweet as he says it's unconfirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just wondering has anyone any experience or knowledge of the admin process generally, outside of football?

D&P and Rangers are getting hammered here for being late and missing deadlines etc. but I was just wondering is that the norm for companies in admin, or putting CVAs together? I'd imagine it's a quite complex proces and everyone needs to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed so it doesn't surprise me that things get delayed.

Better to have it done proper and late than being done wrong but on time.

• Advertisement

The Herald (Scottish one) are claiming that Rangers CVA is 1p (yes a penny!) in the £, yet Charles Green stated he had warchest of £20m for transfers? How can anyone vote for this?

Liquidation seems certain if this is true.

EDIT - The journalist (Martin Williams) has now deleted the tweet as he says it's unconfirmed.

I thought they said '1 pence', but I must admit I only listened without really paying much attention.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18247735
    Green's offer pledged £8.5m with another £3.5m coming from transfer fees due to the club. Legal claims against majority shareholder Craig Whyte's lawyers could provide further funds.
    However, Clark was unable to confirm reports that the CVA would be 20p in the pound and insisted there was sufficient funds to cover the arrangement.

20p in the £1 reported, of course it doesn't say reported by who.

What are the £3.5m transfer fees due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

PauloMN wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18247735

Was there add-ons in Jelavic's deal? If there was, that might account for some of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just wondering has anyone any experience or knowledge of the admin process generally, outside of football?

D&P and Rangers are getting hammered here for being late and missing deadlines etc. but I was just wondering is that the norm for companies in admin, or putting CVAs together? I'd imagine it's a quite complex proces and everyone needs to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed so it doesn't surprise me that things get delayed.

Of course! Everyone on the internet is an expert! ;)

(Personally, i havnt the foggiest - there's **** all i can do, and it's as simple as that)

D&P are suppose to be the experts in the admin process and they are being paid a king's ransom for this expertise yet they are missing every deadline (They were even late for their own press conference on their 1st day), most deadlines were determined by themselves so that the club could exit administration at the earliest possible point (preferably before the end of the season) because the longer it goes on, the more punishments that Rangers will run into because they still dont have audited accounts for 2011 and they dont meet the financial criteria for an SPL or UEFA licence for 2012/13. They already wont play in Europe and now they have a grace period to file the proper paperwork before the SPL issue more punishments.

All through their administration of Rangers, they have shown a distinct lack of knowledge about the internal workings of a football club, how a league governing body and national association operate, how UEFA & FIFA operate. They arent even asking the right questions at meetings where they could find out these things.

D&P have a clear conflict of interest and evidence has come to light which shows that they should have not taken the job in the first place. They are currently under investigation and most likely will be punished and by extension Rangers will be punished because it will delays the process. Dont forget they wasted time by installed a preferred bidder by feeding him information that was "more optimistic than reality" only to see him run a mile when he started due diligence. Not forgetting that Kennedy had to warn D&P that due diligence wasnt being done correctly by Green. Its hard to remember off the top of my head all the dodgy stuff they have done in their 4 month stint.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Of course! Everyone on the internet is an expert! ;)

(Personally, i havnt the foggiest - there's **** all i can do, and it's as simple as that)

Then you have Rangers fans trotting out this garbage when the evidence and criticism is given. Some blame the Scottish Media for not telling them that their club was be driven into the ground. Rangerstaxcase.com was dismissed out of hand by many Rangers fans because of the man providing the information. He now has the Orwell Prize for his efforts and Rangers fans have charity buckets for theirs. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

According to BBC the CVA document released by Rangers does not state a pence in pound amount, which is unusual http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18236955?

Oh for **** sake Dempsey.

The "Evidence" is as clear as mud for the majority of people, there has been conflicting stories, conflicting statements, and conflicting reports coming from all areas for a couple of years now.
    Yet you know all the answers from one blog?

Amazing.

Tell me, since you are such an expert - what, at any point, could the Rangers support do in order to stop any of this happening?
    You've been on this "Told you so" trip for ages now, yet havnt offered a single solution.
    So let's hear it, seeing as you're smug enough to label honesty as "garbage".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

According to BBC the CVA document released by Rangers does not state a pence in pound amount, which is unusual http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18236955?

They couldn't really give a definite figure as the Big Tax Case verdict hasn't been revealed yet, it would have a big impact on how much each creditor would get.

What I don't understand is how a vote can be called which requires the approval of 75% in value of the creditors if the total debt still hasn't been discovered. When the vote comes, what is the figure they are going to use in order to determine the 75%?

Oh for **** sake Dempsey.

The "Evidence" is as clear as mud for the majority of people, there has been conflicting stories, conflicting statements, and conflicting reports coming from all areas for a couple of years now.
    Yet you know all the answers from one blog?

Amazing.

Tell me, since you are such an expert - what, at any point, could the Rangers support do in order to stop any of this happening?
    You've been on this "Told you so" trip for ages now, yet havnt offered a single solution.
    So let's hear it, seeing as you're smug enough to label honesty as "garbage".

I think I read his blog once, it was after Rangers entered admin.

Since ye all are big fans of threatening boycotts, what was stopping ye boycotting the club in protest at the JJB deal? The outsourcing of the hospitality and catering, the outsourcing of the reserve and youth squads?? i.e. Selling revenue streams for working capital. The writing was on the wall before Lloyds merged with HBOS.

At this stage your best solution is to liquidate the club as quickly as possible. The best chances to save Rangers, reverse years of poor corporate governance has been burnt by incompetent people.

A CVA offer without a "pence in the pound" offer? Thats laughable but you rather vent your anger and frustrations at me than the people that deserve it.
    They couldn't really give a definite figure as the Big Tax Case verdict hasn't been revealed yet, it would have a big impact on how much each creditor would get.

What I don't understand is how a vote can be called which requires the approval of 75% in value of the creditors if the total debt still hasn't been discovered. When the vote comes, what is the figure they are going to use in order to determine the 75%?

Its D&P "winging" it. They are desperate at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Duff and Phelps to get £3.5M in event of NewCo or CVA

£4.5M in event of liquidation.

2i11lt.jpg

Edit, sorry for getting your hopes built up
    it's actually:
    £3.5M for CVA
    £3.15 for NewCo
    £4.15 for Liquidation.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think I read his blog once, it was after Rangers entered admin.

Since ye all are big fans of threatening boycotts, what was stopping ye boycotting the club in protest at the JJB deal? The outsourcing of the hospitality and catering, the outsourcing of the reserve and youth squads?? i.e. Selling revenue streams for working capital. The writing was on the wall before Lloyds merged with HBOS.

At this stage your best solution is to liquidate the club as quickly as possible. The best chances to save Rangers, reverse years of poor corporate governance has been burnt by incompetent people.

A CVA offer without a "pence in the pound" offer? Thats laughable but you rather vent your anger and frustrations at me than the people that deserve it.

Vent our frustrations at you?
    You are the one calling our posts "garbage" Dempsey.

Now your telling me you read the BTC Blog once, yet at the same time proclaiming his words as "evidence"? How could you possibly know this? Or is it simply because people on the Huddleboard have told you so?

I'm sure you obviously missed it, but there was a big campaign among the Rangers support for "Clarity" surrounding the dealings going on around that time with the "We Deserve Better" campaign.
    Given that the club was already in financial trouble at the time, a boycott would have done very little good if we were already, reportedly, in the clutches of the banks at that stage.

yes, there was a split in the Rangers support with regards to Murray which didnt help any campaign, but don't sit there and suggest that there wasnt a swell towards pushing for answers.

As for the rest, that's simply down to opinion - if the CVA works out, then it won't be "laughable", obviously there is a high chance that it won't, but that is certainly not something the fans can affect is it?

Rumours that the appeal for the transfer ban has been denied, didn't expect anything else tbh.

:)
    8.5m is a LOAN, advanced from SEVCO to RFC to pay creditors, payable back over 8 years.
    Looks like if they come through a CVA they will still be in debt of 8.3million, Greens not even putting the money in its a loan, so basically he will get them for nothing because he will get his money back :loel:
    Here is that part

The Offer Letter is confidential between Sevco and the Company, but the principal terms are as follows:
    4.20.1 In addition to the £200,000 referred to in Paragraph 4.19, Sevco agrees to advance to the Company the sum of £8,300,000;
    4.20.2 £8,300,000 will be available for draw down by the Company no later than 31 July 2012, but only once certain conditions (the ―Conditions‖) are satisfied;
    4.20.3 The Company will repay the Loan together with interest on it on or before 31 December 2020; and
    4.20.4 The loan will, subject to the laws of Scotland, be secured by standard securities and a floating charge over the assets and undertaking of the Company.

Charles Green 2 weeks ago: Rangers "will never have debts again."

D&P's announcement today: Under Green's plan Rangers won't be out of debt to his consortium until 2020 at the very earliest.

Now your telling me you read the BTC Blog once, yet at the same time proclaiming his words as "evidence"? How could you possibly know this? Or is it simply because people on the Huddleboard have told you so?

I'm sure you obviously missed it, but there was a big campaign among the Rangers support for "Clarity" surrounding the dealings going on around that time with the "We Deserve Better" campaign.
    Given that the club was already in financial trouble at the time, a boycott would have done very little good if we were already, reportedly, in the clutches of the banks at that stage.

yes, there was a split in the Rangers support with regards to Murray which didnt help any campaign, but don't sit there and suggest that there wasnt a swell towards pushing for answers.

As for the rest, that's simply down to opinion - if the CVA works out, then it won't be "laughable", obviously there is a high chance that it won't, but that is certainly not something the fans can affect is it?

:mad::mad::mad: :) Stop venting your frustrations at the people of the huddleboard :P

• Advertisement

Rangers have won in court, back now to the appeal tribunal.

do3ubp.jpg

2wp4iv6.jpg

So the transfer embargo is lifted and they can now sign players??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Where do the SFA go from here? Another occasion where it has been shown that they do not know their own rules.

As far as I know the options available are a fine, suspension or expulsion. I presume suspension would be from the Cup which wouldn't be too much of a worry for Rangers but the other 2 options would be very serious for Rangers.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant
    Scottish FA has power only to fine, suspend, eject from Scottish Cup, expel Rangers from game or terminate membership.

Basically - they need to follow their rules.

The court has not stated anything on the fact that rangers are guilty of bringing the game into disrepute, simply that the Transfer Embargo is unlawful in their eyes.

**** knows what happens next, other than the SFA hold another meeting and decide on another punishment.

Im not a member of the huddleboard either. Did I need to be to know about the JJB deal, hospitality deal, the outsourcing of the reserve and youth squads, the debt owed to HBOS/Lloyds, the use of EBT's, your turnover? All that was released by Rangers via annual reports, AGM's and press conferences. A basic grasp of business would have the alarm bells ringing loudly.

I dont see how HMRC will agree to a CVA without the outcome of the BTC known and the possibility of appeals by either party likely. No, at this stage there is very little "wiggle room" for Rangers. The possibility of Rangers suing D&P before you exit administration is likely if the IPA rule against them.

Firstly they can't sign anyone until they are out of administration and secondly all that happens today is the judge has decided the disciplinary panel were wrong to give the embargo and has told the appeals panel to look at it again, the ban I believe stands until the appeals panel gives another judgement.

That means nothing.

• Advertisement

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant
    Scottish FA has power only to fine, suspend, eject from Scottish Cup, expel Rangers from game or terminate membership.

The court has not stated anything on the fact that rangers are guilty of bringing the game into disrepute, simply that the Transfer Embargo is unlawful in their eyes.

**** knows what happens next, other than the SFA hold another meeting and decide on another punishment.

I thought there was something about there being the option to impose any punishment that the panel found appropriate? That was my understanding and why I was so surprised Rangers won today.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant
    FIFA said just before verdict passed that Scottish FA will be told to take action so club "withdraws its request from the ordinary courts".

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant
    FIFA undoubtedly will also look at fact court ruled Scottish FA did not give Rangers the means to appeal to CAS. Both in bother.

This is going to get very messy for the SFA, they have stumbled from one blunder to the next on this and many other issues.

I thought there was something about there being the option to impose any punishment that the panel found appropriate? That was my understanding and why I was so surprised Rangers won today.

That's certainly what was reported in sections of the media/internet.

As i;ve said all along though - the "evidence" is clear as mud to us mere mortals.

Not sure if it's true, but I read on FF that that was a rule from 1997, and that the rule stating the possible punishments (which does not mention a signing ban) was from 1997.

So that the SFA used an old rule.

Anyway:

UOOaz.jpg

Stay classy.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Where do the SFA go from here? Another occasion where it has been shown that they do not know their own rules.

As far as I know the options available are a fine, suspension or expulsion. I presume suspension would be from the Cup which wouldn't be too much of a worry for Rangers but the other 2 options would be very serious for Rangers.

The SFA are really caught now, a small fine and expulsion from the cup would be an incredibly lenient punishment for something only one step under match fixing. I wonder if they might just increase the size of the fine significantly? That could hurt Rangers much more than the transfer embargo.

This is going to get very messy for the SFA, they have stumbled from one blunder to the next on this and many other issues.

Yeah, the SFA have ****ed up here (AGAIN!).
    FIFA rules state that members must be allowed to appeal to CAS, the SFA gives no opening to do so.

• Advertisement

No, they're in admin so can't sign players. They can sell them though.

No, they're in admin so can't sign players. They can sell them though.

Lafferty's available... :pac:

This is it
    Glennie decides:
    1. No referral to CAS is appropriate. CoS is the correct j/diction. Relies on the Ashley Cole decision and SFA protocol saying no further right of appeal.

2. SFA bodies not entitled in terms of its Articles and Protocol to impose embargo. The available sanctions are detailed in those docs.

3. Embargo not suspended as requested by RFC.

4. Reduce the appeal tribunal decision and send back to the appeal tribunal to proceed again.

5. Petitioners may not get a lighter punishment. Open to the appeal tribunal to do as they please in accordance with available sanctions.

The SFA are really caught now, a small fine and expulsion from the cup would be an incredibly lenient punishment for something only one step under match fixing. I wonder if they might just increase the size of the fine significantly? That could hurt Rangers much more than the transfer embargo.

The SFA have already said they felt expulsion(and suspension - could be wrong on that one) would be too harsh a punishment when they gave the original judgement so it will cause big problems to go back and look at those as options. It would also give Rangers an easy appeal if the SFA were to impose that as punishment.

Could FIFA insist that the SFA stand over the original judgement and ignore the court findings like with Sion? Unbelievable mess the SFA have put themselves in.
    Yeah, the SFA have ****ed up here (AGAIN!).
    FIFA rules state that members must be allowed to appeal to CAS, the SFA gives no opening to do so.

Crazy that such a basic right to arbitration and appeal has been overlooked in the drawing of the SFA rulebook, it'd make a good sit-com to watch the SFA work behind closed doors, comedy gold!

The SFA have already said they felt expulsion(and suspension - could be wrong on that one) would be too harsh a punishment when they gave the original judgement so it will cause big problems to go back and look at those as options. It would also give Rangers an easy appeal if the SFA were to impose that as punishment.

The Disciplinary Panel did say that, but Rangers have argued that the panel was incorrect in the judgement it did issue so who is to say it wasn't also wrong in ruling out expulsion? The Appeal Panel could indeed decide that the original panel was wrong and expulsion is not too harsh. Highly unlikely but not impossible and the original statement would not help an appeal by Rangers too much.

Could FIFA insist that the SFA stand over the original judgement and ignore the court findings like with Sion? Unbelievable mess the SFA have put themselves in.

According to one of the journalists at STV FIFA will look for the SFA to punish Rangers for taking this to court. FIFA will also be looking at punishing the SFA for not allowing Rangers use arbitration.

What a shambles.

• Advertisement

The Disciplinary Panel did say that, but Rangers have argued that the panel was incorrect in the judgement it did issue so who is to say it wasn't also wrong in ruling out expulsion? The Appeal Panel could indeed decide that the original panel was wrong and expulsion is not too harsh. Highly unlikely but not impossible and the original statement would not help an appeal by Rangers too much.

According to one of the journalists at STV FIFA will look for the SFA to punish Rangers for taking this to court. FIFA will also be looking at punishing the SFA for not allowing Rangers use arbitration.

What a shambles.

Hmmm - I think if the panel have found that expulsion is "Too harsh" then it would be hard to argue that a seemingly heftier penalty is justified in this case.

Also with regards to FIFA, their intent to punish Rangers would also struggle on appeal given that rangers could only act within the SFA rules - which don't allow for going to CAS.

I guess Lawell and McBride didnt rewrite the rules well enough eh?

What a shambles.

Hmmm - I think if the panel have found that expulsion is "Too harsh" then it would be hard to argue that a seemingly heftier penalty is justified in this case.

Also with regards to FIFA, their intent to punish Rangers would also struggle on appeal given that rangers could only act within the SFA rules - which don't allow for going to CAS.

I guess Lawell and McBride didnt rewrite the rules well enough eh?

But the Panel also found that suspension from Scottish Cup was too lenient!

Could this be the tipping point for the liquidation of RFC?

Read this closely Rangers fans... you had better hope you ain't suspended from Scottish Cup.

Jim Delahunt just pointed out that...

Para 4.22.6. of the CVA states that RFC has to be in all domestic leagues and competitions it's currently in, this is a condition of the CVA otherwise Charles Green gets to buy the club for £5.5m and it's curtain for RFC!

Read this closely Rangers fans... you had better hope you ain't suspended from Scottish Cup.

Para 4.22.6. of the CVA states that RFC has to be in all domestic leagues and competitions it's currently in, this is a condition of the CVA otherwise Charles Green gets to buy the club for £5.5m and it's curtain for RFC!

That's it Bobby...always look on the bright side!

That's it Bobby...always look on the bright side!

I will mo chara, I don't think you've any hope whatsoever of a CVA. I also question if Green actually wants a CVA given how he's structured It.

I will mo chara, I don't think you've any hope whatsoever of a CVA. I also question if Green actually wants a CVA given how he's structured It.

As i've said before - I don't really know enough about these things to predict either way.

Today however, was about the SFA, it's a small victory over the morons and halfwits who run the game in this country - and it will be interesting to see where the ramifications of this arm of the story end up taking us.

I can't wait to see Regan's reaction in the papers given his comments regarding Lennon's suspension(s) last season.
    However, with regard to the timing of the suspension we must accept that if our rules cannot be enforced in a court of law then they cannot be imposed and it is foolish to waste money defending such a point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

As i've said before - I don't really know enough about these things to predict either way.

Today however, was about the SFA, it's a small victory over the morons and halfwits who run the game in this country - and it will be interesting to see where the ramifications of this arm of the story end up taking us.

I can't wait to see Regan's reaction in the papers given his comments regarding Lennon's suspension(s) last season.

A small victory? I think the small victory could backfire bigtime on Rangers FC tbh. The transfer ban was a let off for Rangers FC - the assumption that a new, more severe punishment won't be put in its place is a huge gamble by Duff and Duffer.

As for the CVA, after Duff and Duffer take their £5m+ from the pot, I don't think there'll be enough left to make a CVA viable. Worse still, Green is more than aware of this, so his plans to liquidate will go ahead I'd imagine. This is what he wanted all along.

I've said it before - look on the bright side, leaving the history of Rangers FC behind is probably a positive thing for the most part.

Bright side for who ?

I've said it before - look on the bright side, leaving the history of Rangers FC behind is probably a positive thing for the most part.

Just can't help yourselves sometimes can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Jesus! When will this saga ever end? I'm beginning to be afraid for the effect this will have on ALL of Scottish football tbh:(

Madam wrote: »
    Jesus! When will this saga ever end? I'm beginning to be afraid for the effect this will have on ALL of Scottish football tbh:(

To be honest I am beginning to think it could have a good effect, Scottish football has numerous problems and it needed something this big to shake things up, if there is a major overhaul and it helps bring serious changes then it will be to the benefit of Scottish football, however if there is just plastering over the cracks then the downward slide will continue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement