Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiffany's Chain

Options
  • 04-09-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

For my 30th i decided to treat myself to a new tiffanys chain which my friend picked up for me in Boston. The second night i wore it the spring in the clasp broke through :(. A while later I was passing through Heathrow and dropped it into Tiffanys. I recieved it last week (2months later) and same thing again clasp broke.:mad: Its pretty clear that they just repaired the old clasp which i think was unfair. Given that the chain was only 1 month old surely a new clasp should have been fitted.

Now i am left with a broken chain. So what i am asking you guys is if you have ever dealt with Tiffany's via mail and if so is it safe to do so. This chain cost me a few bobs and i really love it. I dont wan to risk posting it. Maybe i would be better taking it to local jewellers but then its gonna be some random clasp they fit.

Any ideas....???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pop into Tiffany's in Dublin, explain the situation and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Oh i Didn't realise there was a Tiffany's inDublin...where are they based??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

They are in Brown Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

But thats just Brown Thomas selling tiffanys stuff right?? Its not a Tiffanys shop ?? Doubt Brown Thomas will fix it for me....

Thanks though...:)

Fancy That wrote: »
    But thats just Brown Thomas selling tiffanys stuff right?? Its not a Tiffanys shop ?? Doubt Brown Thomas will fix it for me....

Thanks though...:)

No, it's a proper Tiffany's in BTs. I got a charm bracelet repaired there which I bought in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 shoeaholic

Does anyone know if Tiffany clean your jewlery in Dublin? I have a necklace that I bought in Dublin and one bought in America and both have lost their shineyness! Just wondering if I drop them in will they clean them on the spot or do they send them off and if there is a charge?

Oh btw...I do have one of the cleaning clothes for sterling silver but it doesn't really make much of a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Tiffany in BT cleaned the diamond in my engagement ring for me for free and it only took about 5 mins.
    The sales rep told me to get the platinum polished it would take 3 working days as it has to be sent off to a jeweller and would cost €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aoibhe1980

Does anyone know if I can exchange Tiffany's bought in London in the Brown Thomas Store without a receipt?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Re: cleaning - Tiffany in BT can do a quick polish on the spot for free, or will send off a chain for cleaning for €25, takes about a week. I never actually dropped in my stuff so no idea how good it is.

Aoibhe on returns, I'd be very surprised if they took it without a receipt since there is so much fake stuff available online.

Aoibhe1980 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can exchange Tiffany's bought in London in the Brown Thomas Store without a receipt?

Thanks in advance!

Just ring them. Why not be vague about it. I got present, not sure where from, can I exchange, I have all the packaging, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aoibhe1980

Thanks, I can probably get the receipt if it doesn't work, just wanted to be a bit more subtle about returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Is there Tiffany's in BT Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

jtown wrote: »
    Is there Tiffany's in BT Cork?
    No, only in BT Grafton St (only store in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

dee_mc wrote: »
    No, only in BT Grafton St (only store in Ireland)

Thanks - will have to order online so.

Advertisement