Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Product Reviews

• 29-07-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I prefer Amazon to EBay as you get to read reviews of the product you're interested in - always very helpful I think.

A couple of months ago I was looking a car booster seat for my son - lots of them available on Amazon. I always start on the one and two star reviews - get to see what's wrong with them

I then came across what I think is one of the best reviews ever... the particular booster seat didn't have too many good reviews but this one really stuck in my mind:

"Very thin and no way to tie it to the seat. According to the official description it's memory foam - I think it forgot"

Have you come across any funny reviews?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Immac Veet - always good for a laugh on Amazon with reviews from guys!

kfallon wrote: »
    Immac Veet - always good for a laugh on Amazon with reviews from guys!

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Review for a book called "A million random digits" (it's meant to be for random number selection);

"Such a terrific reference work! But with so many terrific random digits, it's a shame they didn't sort them, to make it easier to find the one you're looking for." - a curious reader.

Yes, he was being sarcastic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

This TV was genuinely for sale for $125,000 last year when this review was posted.

Many of the other reviews are equally as good actually:
    Very realistic image! I took an HD video of my garage door opening, then placed my new Samsung UN105S9 in front of my garage and pressed play as my wife was coming home. She drove straight through the TV! Ha Ha! I got her!
    I founded Samsung, but sold the company so that I could upgrade to this phenomenal television! Haven't looked back!
    The black levels and color depth on this TV are pretty good for the price. However, the small screen size is a deal breaker. I recommend buying an IMAX theater instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

The Classic:

Uranium Ore:http://www.amazon.com/Images-SI-Uranium-Ore/dp/B000796XXM#customerReviews

A sample review: "I purchased this along with 4 turtles and a rat.

18 years worth of karate lessons later, I finally feel safe to leave my house at night."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The Paul Ross canvas ones are all pretty much hilarious.
    Yesterday I was a bed ridden, drug addled alcoholic with no hope, no future.
    Then I bought this.

Now I'm a bed ridden, drug addled alcoholic with no hope, no future, but with a 20" Canvas of Paul Ross.
    You just never know what lies around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve-Large/dp/B007I4HI1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438174884&sr=8-1&keywords=three+wolf+moon+shirt

Three wolf moon t-shirt.

Particularly enjoyed the review where he met the ghost of Chuck Norris while wearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,596 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

For this Horse Mask;

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-12027-Horse-Head-Mask/dp/B003G4IM4S/ref=pd_sim_193_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SE644R3EWJAXTY44ENQ

Click on the 1 star reviews....

It's not big enough to completely cover a horse's head, and it doesn't provide enough air flow for them, either. I guess it doesn't matter. Even if those problems were fixed, it didn't convince my daughter her horse wasn't dead. Thanks a lot, Accoutrements.

Somewhere in there I'm sure there's a TomSka reference but I didn't want to read all 2000+ customer reviews to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS
    "Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks. The bollocks I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing. I am suffering so that you don't have to. Heed my lesson. DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS. "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Pair of running shorts on Amazon, bought them on this review alone! :D
    I am a United states Marine stationed in Cairo, Egypt and let me tell you, these shorts are the best thing to happen to me since the creation of democracy. Nothing screams freedom like your bits and pieces being gently cradled by these justice inducing booty shorts while your downstairs mix-up is thrust into the face of every angry protester and nut job you see as they grimace with jealousy. I especially love to duo these buttocks displaying power pants with a skin tight American flag tank-top. If you love bald eagles, freedom, and flexing your quads at strangers for the simple pleasure of gauging their reaction, then i highly encourage you to hop on the freedom train and purchase these shorts. They do not disappoint.

Advertisement