Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joint Burial

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Do I need to put in my will that if my spouse murders me I don't want to be buried beside them? :confused:

Why would you care? - you'll be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"I want to be buried inside her... If you know what I mean..."

Would make for an interesting open casket.

We don't know what happened, not really. The article mentions he suffered from mental health issues, but doesn't go into any details. It's appears that it's the family's decision to bury them side by side and isn't that what matters? Why is it up to us to discuss and doubt their decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

What about the woman's relatives? Wouldn't feel comfortable paying my respects at her graveside when her murderer is buried in the same plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The family decide where they get buried and they know best. Certainly a lot better than us who just have media reports.

To be honest, given the crap that their kids are going thru right now I would not be criticizing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/murdersuicide-couple-to-be-laid-to-rest-side-by-side-following-joint-funeral-mass-31411987.html

I don't get this at all. Do I need to put in my will that if my spouse murders me I don't want to be buried beside them? :confused:

Why is it that if you commit suicide shortly after killing your spouse and/or kids it seems to absolve you of being a murderer and you will be looked upon sympathetically?

Whether you get it or not is of absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure their family - the people who knew them best are perfectly capable of making the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I think their family and probably mine and lots more will say "ah sure they loved each other really" and ignore the fact that one murdered the other which is my point. If that guy doesn't commit suicide but goes to jail for murder and then dies 20 years later do you think the family will want to bury him beside his wife? I highly doubt it but he killed himself so it's fine.

Menas wrote: »
    The family decide where they get buried and they know best. Certainly a lot better than us who just have media reports.

To be honest, given the crap that their kids are going thru right now I would not be criticizing them.

This sums it up.

This is the family's way of dealing with what has happened.

Let's not have a thread which sets out to criticise a mourning family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement