Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens white t-shirts/long sleeved top

Options
  • 15-08-2013 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere where I can get a good quality white t-shirts and a plain white long sleeved top. I would usually get basics in Penneys or somewhere like that but I find when you're buying white t-shirts there they are usually see through as the quality is not great. I'm looking to get them somewhere where they'll be made of a bit thicker cotton if you know what I mean so I don't have to wear a white vest underneath them to avoid my bra/wobbly tummy showing.

I have a black t-shirt that I paid a bit for 3/4 years ago (but not a huge amount more than a Penneys one would be) and I'm still wearing it when all the cheapy ones sit in the cupboard unused. Sadly, I bought that one overseas so can't get the same one in white.

I just bought a coloureed long sleeved top from Boden online and they have plain white Ts and long sleeved tops so that is an option. I just need to wait for the package to arrive to see what the quality is like before I order. Anyone any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

M&S is usually a good bet for things like this. They have nice thick t-shirts. I have a good few long sleeved tops from M&S and they've washed well and the lighter coloured ones definitely aren't see-through. As long as you wear a skin coloured bra it shouldn't show through. I have white tops from Zara, Topshop, Penneys and Bershka and they're all see-through.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lazy girl

French connection would be good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gap usually has good basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks ladies - will take a look, Was in Penneys yesterday and the white t-shirts are definitely still see-through!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

+ 1 on the Gap, great basic T's and reasonable too!
    H & M are good for long T's as far as I can remember!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

GAP online have buy three basic Ts/long sleeved tops and get 15% off plus a further 25% off all items until Sunday. So I'm getting 1 white long sleeved top, 1 navy long sleeved top and a white v neck T for 22EUR. Great stuff! I have a breton GAP top in the wardrobe so took another look at that before purchasing and it's definitely thick enough so hopefully these tops will be too!

Advertisement