Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving Electric and gas meter

Options
  • 29-05-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick question. Has anyone had their natural gas or electrical external meters moved lately? Need to move mine about a metre or so. Does anyone know the current costs ESB Networks and Bord Gais are charging these days for the service?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vwt

It depends on the distance.
    Mine is being moved in the next two weeks.Our esb meter is already external but we're moving it 3m.Esb charge is €402.Be aware that your builder/electrician will have to submit certification before the esb will come to site.There is also a list of requirements to be met ie depth of trench,ducting cabinet with hockey stick etc. all at your expense.
    The gas meter charge for 1m was around €450.Again certification required and trench etc.We have altered our plans to avoid moving this due to costs.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

vwt wrote: »
    It depends on the distance.
    Mine is being moved in the next two weeks.Our esb meter is already external but we're moving it 3m.Esb charge is €402.Be aware that your builder/electrician will have to submit certification before the esb will come to site.There is also a list of requirements to be met ie depth of trench,ducting cabinet with hockey stick etc. all at your expense.
    The gas meter charge for 1m was around €450.Again certification required and trench etc.We have altered our plans to avoid moving this due to costs.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, the pre-works will all be carried out by and certified by reputable professionals, I was just a bit sketchy on the call out costs. I've budgeted €900 in total for the 2, hopefully it'll be a little bit less judging by, in your case, it was €402 for 3m electric whereas mine will be about a metre or so. The gas seems pretty steep though compared to the electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vwt

€900 will definitely cover it but your charge will be the same as mine.I think that's the minimum charge and if you go over a certain distance it's more expensive.Ill add a link for you where you will find all the info on charges etc.
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/move_meter_location.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

vwt wrote: »
    €900 will definitely cover it but your charge will be the same as mine.I think that's the minimum charge and if you go over a certain distance it's more expensive.Ill add a link for you where you will find all the info on charges etc.
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/move_meter_location.jsp

I've extension work starting Tue and I'm finding that all the little add-on's are fairly adding up! I won't get into the existing sewers issue!

Advertisement