Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Hart Shoes -1980s

Options
  • 01-05-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone remember Simon Hart shoes from the 80s? They were side laced, slightly pointy blank shoes, that were normally worn with white socks and faded Dingo jeans. May have been called 'a pair of harts' back in the day. Remember they were cool anyway.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

MOD

Thread moved to All Things Retro, their charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Yes I think they were the ones in black leather with french flag at one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

I had a pair in grey. Side-lace shoes, 3 holes. But they weren't called Harts or anything (that I remember anyway) as Simon Harts had all sorts.

I also had Sargent loafers and George Webbs from Simon Harts on Talbot St.

PS - shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I had a pair in grey. Side-lace shoes, 3 holes. But they weren't called Harts or anything (that I remember anyway) as Simon Harts had all sorts.

I also had Sargent loafers and George Webbs from Simon Harts on Talbot St.

George Webbs with the soles,heels and tips and a smack across the back of the neck for sliding down the school corridor.
    Those were the days!

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    George Webbs with the soles,heels and tips and a smack across the back of the neck for sliding down the school corridor.
    Those were the days!

Got the metal tips (can't remember the name we had for those) put on my heels in Artaine Castle and clacked home thinking I was dead hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Got the metal tips (can't remember the name we had for those) put on my heels in Artaine Castle and clacked home thinking I was dead hard.

In hindsight we probably all sounded like the 7th Cavalry walking around with those tips on.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

Quarter irons. ☺

The principal in my school used to hate them as you could destroy the floor with them, by pointing the heel down and dragging your foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

And for the girls, big long pointy toed shoes and boots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'd love to get my hands on a pair of George Webbs - I loved those shoes:D

homer.j wrote: »
    Quarter irons. ☺

The principal in my school used to hate them as you could destroy the floor with them, by pointing the heel down and dragging your foot.

I think we called them 'segs' or something like that

• Advertisement
Advertisement