Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked gates in Coolmine this morning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

Coolmine used to annoy the hell out of me too from time-to-time.

In my last job I used to commute and from Leixlip to Coolmine and then use a crazy folding bike I carried with me, to cycle to North Blanch from there.

I'd always have a monthy ticket, so getting to the ticket office wasn't really an issue. But getting on and off the City-Bound platform was. I remember one time when I was arriving in Coolmine on my way to work with the folding bike. I was doing a late shift, so I was there at about midday.

I go to the exit gate and find it surprisingly locked. It was usually open around that time of day. I look up at the security camera to see if the ticket guy would cop on that someone is trying the get *out* (I would of just jumped over, but the bike made that difficult.)

So after a while I head down to the bridge, carry the bike up and down the steps and then, in plain view of two ticket lads at the office, try to get out via the carpark gate. (Couldn't use turnstyle with bike in hand)

But no, locked as well.

In disbelief I then start heading towards the ticket office to get out and it is only when I am half way there do I hear the gate click open. I would have gone nuts at those lads if I wasn't already late and had pointlessly waisted minutes trekking around the station.

If only a European-Style 'honors system' was used, these gates wouldn't be nessisary. Alas, we all know how much that would be abused.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Rawr wrote: »

If only a European-Style 'honors system' was used, these gates wouldn't be nessisary. Alas, we all know how much that would be abused.
    :(

Works fine on the luas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

Oh yea.

Then it should be used on the suburban rail network too. Especially with awkward stations like Coolmine.

If IE are really concerned about fare evasion, then it might be an idea to get more ticket inspectors/sellers on board trains. They've already got Rail Security riding some evening trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

Well, they've done it again - the gate was tied shut this morning, again with the rope tied to the turnstile so you can use neither gate nor turnstiles.

I passed through the ticket office as someone was asking about it and the guy behind the glass told them to "go through the turnstiles like every other f*cking person".

Problem was that the guy who asked about it was trying to get out of the station, not in.............that ticket checker is a complete tool

Advertisement