Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slane memories.

• 01-06-2015 11:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I've never been to any of the concerts myself but always remember the news reports in the 80s from when I was young.The riot at Bob Dylan 84,Springsteen 85.Heres Dave Fanning at Queen 86 reporting on counterfeit merchandise.Check out the 80s fashions,mullets and tasches galore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Guns N Roses at Slane in 92.

https://youtu.be/US7YZZ8Z7uU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

30 years ago today (apparently) was Bruce Springsteen :eek:

Still one of the best concerts I've ever been at, ever. No support, just 3-4 hours of Bruce and the E-Street Band magic without a break.

Got burned to a crisp.

ETA - among the regrets of my life are that I missed the Queen and Robbie Williams concerts there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

First ever gig was REM in '95 - absolutely loved it! Oddly my wife was there too but we didn't meet for a few more years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hilarious in the OP, gardai walking past them...twice. Nowt said, good times. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭gipi

Treadhead wrote: »
    First ever gig was REM in '95 - absolutely loved it! Oddly my wife was there too but we didn't meet for a few more years....

Is it that long since REM at Slane? Jaysis, I'm gettin' old :-)

I was there too, I remember walking from Slane to Navan after the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

lord lucan wrote: »
    Guns N Roses at Slane in 92.

https://youtu.be/US7YZZ8Z7uU

T-shirts a fiver.Thats a big jump from the Queen gig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My first concert was Slane in 99. It may have been Robbie Williams but was still a great show!
    Since then I've been to U2s 1st show in 01 and the Foos just gone. Its a great venue when youre prepared :D

What actually happened at the Dylan concert,was it an actual riot or just a bit of messing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

wasnt technically at Springsteen in 85, but i was in a field behind the stage with the parents, separated by only the boyne, didnt see much but heard it all, i was 8 and have never forgot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

was there for Bowie glass spider tour gig, was it 87? man, was a fun day & no doubt linden village etc .) "quality" stuff.. got tickets free, only paid a fiver for the organised cie bus from oconnel st. anyone else at that gig. Big Country also played.. Pity i was too young to see the Stones a few years previous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Can't believe they were so long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise08 wrote: »
    Can't believe they were so long ago.

02 really got the short end there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

The chills stole the show when they were supporting u2.
    Remember lookin up the hill behind me and seeing all these tshirts being swung around over peoples heads! The whole way up!!

Or all the people holding up their lighter or lights on their phones for coldplay again the whole way all up the hill.

We sat in the same place for all of them by the sound tower.

deise08 wrote: »
    The chills stole the show when they were supporting u2.
    Remember lookin up the hill behind me and seeing all these tshirts being swung around over peoples heads! The whole way up!!

Or all the people holding up their lighter or lights on their phones for coldplay again the whole way all up the hill.

We sat in the same place for all of them by the sound tower.

You had me confused there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chills

Advertisement