Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts & Buses in the summer - heat!!!

Options
  • 13-05-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know why no one ever opens windows on public transport in the summer? Personally I find myself wilting in the heat unable to reach a window through the crush of bodies. I try to stand by a door so that at least some air arrives at each stop.

Is it because the people who get a seat at the begining of the line are comfortable & don't notice the heat? Does no one notice it? I am the only one sweltering each day? :confused:

Tom C

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The windows should be open year-round on buses - heating them is essentially free since the heat that isn't used by the saloon heater is dumped out the side of the bus anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The lumpy roof 8500's all have AC units on top and the windows cannot be opened. Im not sure about the smooth roof versions. The 8100 definitally don't have it so you will have to suffer:D. At least we only have a week or two in the year to justify AC in any of our puiblic transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Yes it gets hot, but on the DART opening some of the windows can prove difficult. If it is crowded and no room to move, an open window if I am standing by it, would necessitate straining my neck forward, which is not comfortable. If the windows opened half the way out the way they do, or were sliding instead, there would be no problem. I don't think it is just the summer though. In the winter when it is raining, the DART's ming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Yes it gets hot, but on the DART opening some of the windows can prove difficult.
    They may prove impossible to open as the windows in the Jap Darts are not supposed to open :confused:

Advertisement