Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll bridge question

Options
  • 12-05-2008 7:21am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going through the toll bridge t'other day and a Golf van was in front of me. Do these types of car/vans have to pay the commercial rates or are they classified as cars?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

they have to pay a commercial rate,even though they could be smaller than a private car/suv.

I once saw them charge a funeral. they even charged the hearse!! and all the mourning cars. NTR are B@stards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks. If they have the easypass how do NTR know if they're private or commercial? Could they not register with easypass as private cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

M50 does not charge CarVans as commercial but M1 definately does.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks. If they have the easypass how do NTR know if they're private or commercial? Could they not register with easypass as private cars?
    AFAIK they do spot checks now and again.

gibo_ie wrote:
    M50 does not charge CarVans as commercial but M1 definately does.
    I used to have a car-van. I used the exact change toll on the Westlink and had no problems. If I had to go to a manned booth, it seemed to depend on the staff on duty.

Re: the M1 I agree - they always insisted on the commercial rate even though the car-van was insured and taxed privately.

Re: the M1 I agree - they always insisted on the commercial rate even though the car-van was insured and taxed privately.

If you'd eazypass at the M1 this probably wouldn't be a problem though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

spadder wrote: »
    I once saw them charge a funeral. they even charged the hearse!! and all the mourning cars. NTR are B@stards

Surely if you choose to use the toll bridge, you have to pay. Should shops stop charging for wreaths?

Spadder should have inserted a new paragraph before his NTR rant :-D

I have an estate car and at the M4 toll in the new year, they tried to charge me the van rate - apparantly there are cameras on the automatic lanes that check for windows, if it doesn't "see" any it assumes you're a van, this is linked to a number plate reader. I had to go to the manned booth to update the system.

Advertisement