Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish music scene nostalgia band...

• 24-06-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I used to be in a band that did our time on the unsigned bands scene in the early naughties. IMO, it was a great time to be involved in music in Ireland despite the lack of digital avenues and opportunities which are available to bands these days (with the exception of still-pirate Phantom FM which was an absolute Godsend for unsigned bands).

There was some great bands on the go back then, most of whom sadly never got the breaks they deserved or didn't manage to capitalise fully on those that they got and either faded into the annals of history or pop their head up now and then to do a gig. I'm talking about the likes of Turn, Wilt, Future Kings of Spain, Mike Got Spiked, Director, Stand, The Immediate - even The Frames and many more that I'm struggling to remember off hand.

So I had this weird but possibly wonderful idea to form a tribute band to the unsung heroes of the Irish music scene from the 00's. There was some great songs written back then that would be a lot of fun to play and would very much hold their own and make for an interesting set if done right. It's probably unlikely but if anyone else would be interested, I'm all ears. Ideally, I'd like to find people who were involved in the scene at that time. Needless to say, this would be purely for ****s and giggles...

J

Advertisement