Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody up for a blues/rock jam? (Dublin)

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Guitarist/singer here. Looking for a drummer, bass player and whoever else fancies a jam doing blues and rock. Covers to start with but no problem just jamming stuff out if people wanna do that. Music would be around the Tommy Tucker, Howlin Wolf, Creedence and Doors type stuff but open to other stuff too. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Guitarist/singer here. Looking for a drummer, bass player and whoever else fancies a jam doing blues and rock. Covers to start with but no problem just jamming stuff out if people wanna do that. Music would be around the Tommy Tucker, Howlin Wolf, Creedence and Doors type stuff but open to other stuff too. Cheers.

I want to apologise in advance because I'm not going to be any help to you, I can't play the blues for shyte.
    I was wondering could you help me?
    I've been playing the guitar for a few years now and in the last year I've been listening to nothing but blues. B.B King, Howlin Wolf, Stevie Ray Vaughan, even Claptons acoustic stuff and my dream is to be able to knock out some 12 bar whenever the mood takes me.
    What should I do to become a blues player? Lessons? Books? Or just practice practice practice??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And seeing as this is off topic ye can all tell me to fúck off but please don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

You'd probably be best starting a new thread so you get lots of different opinions but personally, I'd recommend playing along with the records you like, and once you're comfortable enough doing that get jamming with people. There's no substitute for actually getting in a room and having to hit the right notes on time because there's a drummer/bass player/whatever playing alongside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Citizensmith

sent PM

Thanks for all the PMs, I'll get back to everybody this evening. Cheers.

Any guitarists who can sing into this?

• Advertisement

Still open to people for this. Had players get in touch but if anybody else is interested we're still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan cassoni

Still open to people for this. Had players get in touch but if anybody else is interested we're still looking.

hey man are you based in Dublin? I can play blues/rock and sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

hey man are you based in Dublin?

Take another look at the thread title. ;)

Still open to people for this.

Bass player here. I'd be up for a jam. :)

:)
    Yep, Dublin based. PM sent to both above. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 newtoit73

guitarist , dublin based, looking to jam

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newtoit73

are ye Jamming? would love to join in... give a shout ... many thanks

newtoit73 wrote: »
    are ye Jamming? would love to join in... give a shout ... many thanks

In case you have not realised....this thread is a year old. :)

Yeah, sorry everyone. Got a band together eventually. Currently sorting out gigs. This thread can be deleted.

Advertisement