Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach Cork Online Booking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Little_olivia

bk wrote: »
    I'd ring them and get it changed!

The buses at many peak times are mega busy these days. Literally filling a whole bus with bookings only.

I rang them at 8:30 this morning and spoke to an unhelpful women who said a computer sends out the emails therefore the fault is with me?!?

I would like to be on the 4pm bus. What are peak hours? My ticket is currently for 7

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I would like to be on the 4pm bus. What are peak hours? My ticket is currently for 7

4pm Friday is definitely peak. All buses between 2 and 8 will be very busy tomorrow.

However the good news is that they often out on a second or third bus. So you should get on, but there is a slight chance you might have to wait till 5 if the 4 is full.

4pm Friday is definitely peak. All buses between 2 and 8 will be very busy tomorrow.

However the good news is that they often out on a second or third bus. So you should get on, but there is a slight chance you might have to wait till 5 if the 4 is full.

I'm travelling in Saturday. But that's good! At least it shouldn't be too late! Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm travelling in Saturday. But that's good! At least it shouldn't be too late! Thanks

Oh, Saturday at that time should be quieter, but worst case scenario you will get on the next bus. There is usually a customer service guy there (or the driver of the bus) who will sign your ticket so you get priority on the next bus (after people with bookings for the next bus obviously).

BTW I'm really surprised they didn't change your booking given that it was two days in advance, bad costumer service on Aircoaches part!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

BTW I'm really surprised they didn't change your booking given that it was two days in advance, bad costumer service on Aircoaches part!!

Hardly surprising though really is it - this is Aircoach we are talking about.

I've heard a few people who have said recently that they are not allowed to take a later bus but are able to take an earlier bus, despite the fact the website says a different thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Oh, Saturday at that time should be quieter, but worst case scenario you will get on the next bus. There is usually a customer service guy there (or the driver of the bus) who will sign your ticket so you get priority on the next bus (after people with bookings for the next bus obviously).

I notice also that the small Newsagent adjacent to the Westmoreland St Bus Stop Forest,is now also an Aircoach Ticket Agent,or so the quite professional and noticeable sign hanging from the front sez.....not an A4 sheet in sight :p

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I was finished earlier than expected and got the 3pm bus. Thank god!

Thanks for everything!

Advertisement