Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Georgia gets ready for elections

• 13-06-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As you might know these days a delegation of Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights of the OSCE is going to visit Georgia to define the workload for the upcoming parliamentary elections in October. In April Georgia officially forwarded invitations to the OSCE and some other democratic institutions with a remark where Georgia asked to send as many observers as possible with the utmost dispatch. Previously I worked in Georgia as an observer and I have to say that such early invitation can be easily explained. The main point is that Saakashvili and the rest of Georgian politicians want to form a plan of how to fix the upcoming elections. I don't know how Georgians will lure the observers this time, but I have to say they offered me $150.000, the joys of paradise, right-on women and so on. And I don't think their offers really changed. I vanquished temptation and caused displeasure of Georgian side so I hope my colleagues will do the same because by such generous offers Saakashvili wants to establish contacts with those ones who will evaluate the October elections and to get rid of people like me, who take no bribes and do the job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Whether or not your story about bribery is true, with a chap like Saakashvilli I'm inclined to believe it. Unfortunately a lot of these post-Soviet democracies are imperfect and this leads to a lot of hardship.

But I have not seen a leadership as suicidal as Georgia's seemed to act back in 2008 against the Russians. That war was very silly and unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Steered by Putin, who deemed it necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

While it's legit to have a conversation about election monitoring, I don't think a thread based on an unverifiable anecdote involving serious allegations of fraud is appropriate for this forum. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement