Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macken St/Pearse St new traffic light madness

Options
  • 05-11-2007 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Just to inform any commuters heading especially from northside to southside and travelling along Macken st from the Ferryman pub direction that some genius decided to change the traffic light sequence at the Macken St/Pearse st junction.
    It was backed up tonight along the whole street at only 8pm on a Sun as the change of the light sequence from green and back to red lasts a full 10 seconds instead of the usual one minute to 90secs which now lets maybe 3 cars max out for such a busy road, blooming insane.

This will cause mayhem in the morning peaks so be warned!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Yeah if you're coming south over the bridge at the Custom house and want to head down towards Ringsend, it's a lot quicker to drive past the ferryman.

Basically turn right at the new pedestrian bridge and then left at the Ferryman and onto Pearse St. past the flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

edanto wrote: »
    Yeah if you're coming south over the bridge at the Custom house and want to head down towards Ringsend, it's a lot quicker to drive past the ferryman.

Basically turn right at the new pedestrian bridge and then left at the Ferryman and onto Pearse St. past the flats.

I think you mean the Windjammer pub, Edanto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Yeah, you're dead right! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How was it on Monday? Report this stuff to Traffic Control 1800293949.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Number noted Vic.

I don't commute to southside daytime so couldn't report on it, i only go there on certain evenings.

Anyway, its been fixed since thur night at least so someone did ring up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement