Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Capsules: Warning

Options
  • 28-10-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I've seen some chat on here regarding compatible coffee capsules with Nespresso machines. I like many others was happy to see this happen and about 3 months ago began using the Lidl capsules exclusively on our Nespresso machine. They aren't quite as nice as Nespresso but they are great value.

I was in town at the weekend so though I'd treat ourselves to the Nespresso capsules (we prefer them). When we went to use them the next morning we ran into some issues.

Our machine was completely crushing the capsule and not puncturing it at all so no coffee comes out. We tried running water through a few times, our machine is descaled, attempted a few more capsules but the same thing happened. We tried putting a lidl capsule back into the machine and it worked fine.

So from what I can see the Lidl capsules have completely warped our Nespresso machine making it only compatible with its own capsules.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am thinking of contacting Lidl regarding this.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Or the Nespresso capsules you bought are defective
    or Nespresso capsules in general are harder to pierce than Lidl ones and your machine can't pierce them due to wear & tear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ellen Cam wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've seen some chat on here regarding compatible coffee capsules with Nespresso machines. I like many others was happy to see this happen and about 3 months ago began using the Lidl capsules exclusively on our Nespresso machine. They aren't quite as nice as Nespresso but they are great value.

I was in town at the weekend so though I'd treat ourselves to the Nespresso capsules (we prefer them). When we went to use them the next morning we ran into some issues.

Our machine was completely crushing the capsule and not puncturing it at all so no coffee comes out. We tried running water through a few times, our machine is descaled, attempted a few more capsules but the same thing happened. We tried putting a lidl capsule back into the machine and it worked fine.

So from what I can see the Lidl capsules have completely warped our Nespresso machine making it only compatible with its own capsules.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am thinking of contacting Lidl regarding this.

Thanks...

Bought 1 packet of the Lidl capsules and used a few of them, same issue now as you with the Nespresso capsules, think my machine is damaged 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ellen Cam

SlimJimmc - doesn't stack up, we tried lots of capsules from different tubes of Nespresso coffee. I don't think its just a coincidence that the machine has stopped working after using Lidl capsules for months on end when the machine had been perfect before that.

The coffee machine is a Nespresso one so obviously was designed to puncture Nespresso capsules. It is still working but only on the Lidl ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90745472

Might be worth having a read of this thread.....some users finding issues switching between different brand pods....

DC

Advertisement