Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclone Multi Media Adaptor

• 05-07-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am a complete newbie to this site and forums etc. I Recently purchased a Cyclone Multi Media Plyer Adaptor for my 1TB External Hard Drive. I have a lot of divx movies on the hard drive but I purchased the Media adaptor so I can watch the movies on my T.V. After set up and plugging it in only some of the movies are showing up on a list, but when I plug the Hard Drive back on the Computer there are more there that are not showing up on the T.V. Do I have to convert these movies to a different file or something for them to work on the T.V.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It looks to have very basic file/format compatibility. You should note which movies are not showing up, and then look at the properties of them (most PC media player software will let you check the advanced file properties); that will help to narrow the problem down.

Probably the movies that arent working have some aspect that is not compatible with the media player, be it the resolution,or the container, or perhaps the audio stream (AC3?) or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mlsekin

Thanks Voodoo Child. Do you know is there any way of changing the file format or is it better to leave well enough alone.

I have a 1TB "Cyclone HD" Media Player, and it indexes and plays everything .avi that I have.

Other stuff that's on it, such as .MKV, etc. are still listed on it. It just wont play them (get a "corrupt file" message or something similar to that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

mlsekin wrote: »
    Thanks Voodoo Child. Do you know is there any way of changing the file format or is it better to leave well enough alone.
    Yes, converting files from one format/resolution/whatever to another is possible, although it can take a long time and is not ideal in terms of preserving quality.

But before you could even think about that you need to know why they are not playing. Like I said above, you would need to check the properties of the ones that are not playing, to find out what it is about them that is not compatible. Checking the specs of the device will help also.

Advertisement